Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tumbz Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 04:28 PM

Hey Tx. I was just reading up on Google with people that has similar problems. I finally realized what the part is called. The mechanic guy put PURPLE grease on the " BUSHINGS ". It's a circle thing. A little bigger than a quarter. He also told me that if I changed that part, it'll make my shifting better and firmer.

The Shift Bushing is cheap as hell. Is it a part that I could change myself? I just want your advise on this. THANKS!

Im still waiting on my Honda Urea Grease in the mail. Should get it in like 1-2 days.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2010, 05:19 PM

Makes sense, to me. Sounds like the Extension End Rubber (bushing) is shot, which is part of the gear shift mechanism. Don't apply any grease to the bushing, which can deteriorate the rubber.

You should be able to change the bushing, after placing the car on jack stands. Get a good light. Remove an 8 mm bolt, pull down the Change Extension (rod), replace the Extension End Rubber, and reassemble. It should only take several minutes.
    Tumbz Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 06:20 PM
    Woop! Thanks!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2010, 01:17 PM

What's the status?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 ford ranger edge v6. Trans fluid [ 1 Answers ]

This truck has 60,500 miles on it and this has the original trans fluid in it. Seems to be working fine. I hear two stories about changing trans fluid. One says you should change the filter too, one says flush only is fine. Which is true?

1996 GMC PU w/V6 and manual trans (wont start) [ 2 Answers ]

Intermittant "won't start" problems. I have replaced the crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, fuel pump (twice), plugs and plug wires and fuel filter. There are no codes when I scan the computer and the truck runs fine when it does start. The truck has 179,000 miles on it and is in great...

Car DOESN'T SHIFTwhen its ON(Manual Trans). [ 6 Answers ]

When the engine is off, the car goes into gear, but when I turn it on and press the clutch it doesn't want to go into gear. I tried starting it while in first and reverse; the result is the car jumps then the engine dies. I do not know if my tranny is bad because it goes into gear when the engine...

2001 Honda Accord Ex Coupe Trans/electrical? [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A 2001 Honda Ex Coupe That Gets Regularly Stuck In Park. Have To Cycle The Ignition And "stomp" On The Brake Pedal Numerous Times To Get It To Shift Out Of Park. There Are Numerous Lights On The Dash On Also. They Are Random In Which Ones And Length Of Time They Stay On. I Don't Know...

View more questions Search