Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bellamollet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 07:03 AM
    How to get rid of asian lady bugs
    I live in the country in Illinois trying to get rid of these asian lady bugs they r in my house into everything
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2010, 07:13 AM

I heard the government spent a lot of money to ship them over here a few years ago. I don't know how to get rid of them but if they were worth it for the gov. to pay for them it would be nice if you could sell them back to the gov.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 18, 2010, 07:28 AM
    These ladybugs are really worth their weight in gold. They are used as a natural pesticide for several different pests. I actually try to keep a few in my home to keep the aphids and other pests off my plants.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 18, 2010, 03:48 PM

The Asian lady beetle invades houses rather than infesting them. Obviously some invaded your home last fall and laid eggs. The attic is the most common laying area. If your attic is floored, you may be able to take care of them yourself. Install a very fine mesh screen on all vents. Seal any cracks around windows, chimneys, pipes, attic vent fans, etc. After it's tight, a fogger in the attic should take care of the survivors. If your attic is unfinished, you will need to call a professional to apply insecticides that won't destroy your insulation. You'll still need to seal your house.

J-9, do you keep Asian Ladybugs or European 7 spotted ladybugs? The European species are better predators of North American pest insects.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 18, 2010, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    J-9, do you keep Asian Ladybugs or European 7 spotted ladybugs? The European species are better predators of North American pest insects.
    Good question... I'll have to count the spots next time I see one. But I'll tell you... my plants stay very healthy and I have very few pests in the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of wheat bugs [ 8 Answers ]

I am finding small black bugs in my flour and other dry goods e.g. cereal, gravy mixes, pasta. They even get into sealed plastic containers. The bugs are very small, smaller than a rice kernel. I have cleaned and sprayed inside of the cabinets. This has helped but has not completely done the...

Getting rid of bed bugs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , can any one help me with the medicine avlbl in mumbai to get rid of bed bugs, my roon is full of them, I am totally help less as what to do. I tried pest control also, but no use, they are still very much in there. Shall highly appreciate if any one can help me with medicine avlb at...

What was this asian film called? [ 4 Answers ]

I remember watching this film as a kid, I'm not sure whether it's Korean, Japanese, Chinese etc... but its definitely asian. It's a similar style to the whole crouching tiger hidden dragon genre, but was made a while ago possibly 90's or even 80's. All I rember is that there are people who...

Real Asian Food [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there,:cool: I have to admit I make very very delicious and real Asian food. ( mainly Jap. And Chinese) food.:D I always make them for friends and myself of course. I wonder, is that legal or how can I sell my Asian homemade/real food in the US. I mean, do I need any certification ,to...

View more questions Search