Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VeteranJock Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2006, 09:09 PM
    I am selling a rental home with tenants
    I am selling a rental home and the new owners are two of the three present tenants. They want the third one out when I sell it to the other two. What do I need to do as the present owner in a notification that I am selling the property? I am in the state of KY. Thank you!
    jgrammes Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2006, 10:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by VeteranJock
    I am selling a rental home and the new owners are two of the three present tenants. They want the third one out when I sell it to the other two. What do I need to do as the present owner in a notification that I am selling the property? I am in the state of KY. Thank you!
    If you enter into a contract with 2 of the tenants, those two tenants must understand they are buying a "tenant occupied" property. Once you have settlement, it would be up to them to evict the 3rd.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2006, 11:32 PM
    You do not have to notify any tenant you are trying to sell the home until it is sold.

The new owners will be obligated by any rental or lease agreement you are in with them.

If you have a longer term lease ( one year) new owners must accept that lease. You have to notify buyers of any lease or rental agreements.

If the rental is verbal or monthly the new owners would have to give a month notice to have the other tenant move. ( and may have to evict if they don't move.)

So you did not say what rental or lease agreement they have

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying new rental prop before selling existing [ 1 Answers ]

We want to avoid taxes on sale of existing rental which has appreciated almost 100% in the five years we have owned it. We might need to complete the purchase of the intended replacement before the sale of existing is final. Is there a provision for tax avoidance when the replacement property...

Rental House - Tenants Rights [ 6 Answers ]

I rent a single family house in New Jersey, the owner lives in another town, can she increase my rent any percentage she wants to or is there a law that governs rental increase practices for my type of rental. We are on a month to month lease for the past 18 years never had a written lease ever -...

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

Selling home with chapter 13 [ 3 Answers ]

We are currently in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy and want to sell our home.. after we sell our home and payoff our mortgage we will home proceeds left.. but not enough to pay our entire Chapter 13 debt off... what happens to the proceeds from the sale and do they have to be applied to the plan? We will...

View more questions Search