Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrmatt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 10:44 PM
    Misdemanor probation violation in NC for failed drug screen
    I just failed my 3rd UA for weed. I need to know what I'm looking at in the NC court system. Please help me with any answers, I have a wife and a 3 year old little girl that need me. Am I going to jail or what? My sentence was for 45 days put off to 11/29 probation. This will be my first time going in front of a judge. Thank you for any and all information.

Signed, Worried
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2010, 05:25 AM

Hello w:

Of course, they SHOULDN'T do anything to you, but you live in North Carolina, and they aren't too progressive are they?

excon
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 18, 2010, 06:41 AM
    Guess you should have thought about your little girl and your wife before you failed your first drug screen. You'll most likely be looking at some jail time. Hope you have a good attorney.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2010, 10:41 AM

You apparently have learned nothing from being placed on probation and failing your screenings.

I don't see the Court giving you any more chances.

As has been said - you should have thought of your family earlier in the game.

Also, I do not see this as anything to do with whether a State is progessive. That's something to be addressed concerning sentencing. Probation is about manning up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violation for 1st failed drug test. [ 9 Answers ]

Hey wats up... I got caught on under 50 gram of marijauna and got all the charges moved to a conditional discharge... I went to my PO and after the drug test she told me "if you pass this... u will never see me again" just my luck I found out I failed my first drug test for probation... so I have...

1st Time Probation Violation - Failed urine test [ 6 Answers ]

I am a 1st time probationee in Travis County , Tx . I have been on probation for 4 months out of 12 for marijuana possession . I am pretty confident that I will fail this test coming up on Friday . Based on my no previous convictions ( other than traffic offences ) is it likely that my probation...

Any truck driving jobs for someone who failed drug screen 18 months ago [ 1 Answers ]

I failed a drug screen 18 months ago. I know I only have myself to blame. But is there anyone out there giving second chances to someone who has cleaned up his act and learned his lesson.

Can someone get off probation early even if they failed their drug tests? [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone get off probation early even if they failed their drug tests?

Finish drug probation no violation [ 2 Answers ]

I missed several meeting with my p.o im supposed to finish my sentence in one month . I don't want to get a violation. How do i write a letter?

View more questions Search