Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dars2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 08:57 PM
    Wanted to know how to write up a thank you note in the local newspaper,
    I am wanting to know how to write up a nice thank you for a person that helped our daughter last Tuesday when she fell on the ice in her driveway. The woman ran over to her and dailed 911 and stayed there until help was on the way. More less, what I want to say is thank you to a wonderful person, and for being where she was, when my daughter fell. It will be going in our home town chenango american newspaper
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 18, 2010, 02:39 AM

More properly your note should be sent directly to your daughter's Samaritan. A short news item in the paper would merit your cooperation, but a personal ad would be gauche.

If it is going to be a news item or if you don't know the address of the Samaritan, something along the lines of "Thank you for exemplifying the best of our community by rendering aid anonymously."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thank you note for newspaper re: funeral [ 1 Answers ]

I need a short notice for the newspaper to thank family, friends, clergy and Masonic members on Masonic service and memorial for death of my husband. Does anyone have suggestions how to word this? It needs to be fairly short.

Need To Write Thank You Card For Newspaper [ 2 Answers ]

I need your help. Our grandson was injured in an explosion/fire three weeks ago. My daughter-in-law asked me to write it. I need to say thank you to two E'MT units, 3 hospitals, people who donated money, brought in food, or prayed for him. It is a miracle... and we are so thankful... but I'm too...

Newspaper thank you with harvest [ 1 Answers ]

My father passed away suddenly in September. He was only 56 years old and a successful farmer. He had approx 3,000 acres in that needed to be harvest. We had close to 30 farmers show up to help us (his 3 dtrs) harvest. Some using their own equipment. Then when we had farm auction we also...

English teacher vs. Writing for the local newspaper [ 3 Answers ]

I am a junior in high school and I get all a's and b's. I excel in writing and I was thinking about working for a newspaper or being an english or history teacher for high school students. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about either of these professions and what colleges (in Arizona)...

An local newspaper published a libelous article about my husband [ 1 Answers ]

Recently a paper where we live published an article about my husband. It made many claims, but the most insidious was that he had falsified a document and signed another person's name. Not only did he not do this but we have the copies of the board of directors minutes showing the man claiming he...

View more questions Search