Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lanarkemezy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 06:46 PM
    Will I receive back child support if my ex husband receives a retro active disability
    My ex husband owes a large amount of back child support to me. He may be receiving a large payment of retroactive disability payments. Will my child's back support payments be taken from this amount
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 06:51 PM

Are you collecting through a state agency ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 07:02 PM

Have you filed a garnisment of his disability.

Also is this SSI disability, is so are the children also receiving their payments

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Disability and Child support back pay? [ 5 Answers ]

First off I live in KY. I was recently awarded my Social Secuirty disability. I have 2 children I pay child support on and it is current. I was awarded back to June 1 of 07. My children lived with me until July of 08'. Then I began paying my support. What I need to know is when my children are...

How do I get child support RETRO? [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is 11. When I was pregnant with her the father and family threatened our lives. I didn't go for child support because I was terrified of him. How to I get retro/back child support for the past 11 yrs in the state of California? I left the birth certificate blank were the father is...

Back Child Support for Disability for 14 years [ 4 Answers ]

My son is 14 and I finally got a good child support worker who located his dad, we found out he's been on disability for about 13 years, what's the child support that disability pays for a minor child and does it back date all those years? It's in Michigan courts. Never received any child support...

Back child support and Social Security Disability [ 1 Answers ]

I am owed over 40k in back child support for my child. Father has just been approved for SSD and my child will get monthly benefits as well. Normally CSE intercepts tax refunds, etc. and they have already sent an income withholding order to SSA. My question is: Will they intercept his retro...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

View more questions Search