Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rouldph Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 06:07 PM
    No VGA signel built in graphics card
    My computer which is a S3123W hp dose not start up and the screen say it has no VGA single I tried resting the BIos as hp said to do F10 5 seconds F5 enter than F10 enter and nothing happens steal the same and than they said to reset the graphics card which is built in so how can I reset it if this is where it is built in the mother board.

Dose the mean that the mother board needs to be replace?
    I notice that on the power supply that their was a burnt spot on the set screw on the power board but I have power and the hard drive is running powering up as far as I can tell check the power and its okay. Any one have a clue.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 17, 2010, 06:14 PM

Do you have another graphics card you can put in the system to test?

Jan 17, 2010, 10:11 PM
    I'm picking one up this week And thanks for the reply I'LL post the out come as soon as I install it I should have know when I purchase this one I have other that have none built in ones!

Thank You
    Xapafe Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Jan 20, 2010, 10:35 AM

Be sure to acquire one that is compatible with your system! ^^
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2010, 10:46 AM
    Make sure to disable the on-board video chipset in the BIOS before testing the add-in board.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 10:43 AM
    Anyone notice that IF he has a screen telling him this... the vga portion HAS to be working? And its likely a windows driver issue rather than a hardware issue?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 11:30 AM
    I assumed he was referring to the "no signal" message since he says the computer does not start up. Perhaps the OP can clarify this.

Jan 23, 2010, 03:49 PM

The signal I was talking about was on the screen!
    But I put in a new card but I never got the CP to fire up not any thing is working, before it went out the screen had lines running across it and went out It's a HP S3123W system. About 1-1/2 year old.
    Motherboard M2NCS1-AR when I turn it on I here the hard drive start up and here one click then it just runs and nothing happens from here on just blank screen!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2010, 05:39 PM

Can you identify the CMOS battery? If so remove it... then short out those contacts for a minute or two, put the battery back in and try again.
    Xapafe Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Jan 24, 2010, 03:08 PM

Could easily be a Power Supply issue...
    Also it could be a motherboard issue

Do you have any old motherboards/PSUs you can test?
    lincja Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2010, 08:21 AM
    Xapafe, Yes it could be a PSU issue but the power supply units are surely not common. What he can do though is to follow the instructions on this link (if he is handy with a Multimeter)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rivoVzxwNtI&feature=related

The test in my estimation is not ideal cause the PSU is not under load, but it will indicate that the voltages are present or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Graphics card [ 2 Answers ]

So if I wanted to get a new grahpics card and this is my computer HP Pavilion a6130n (Athlon 64X2 2.6GHz, 3GB RAM, 400GB HDD, Vista Home Premium) specs and Desktop specifications - CNET Reviews What could I get?

Graphics card [ 12 Answers ]

Hey there! I have a Dell 5150 Series and was looking to update the graphics card, how ever I have a spare graphics card but it seems too big for the computer, is there any other sort of graphics card I could buy for my machine? :)

New Graphics Card [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 9800pro. I want a new AGP graphics card with a good performance increase from this for about £100. PCI-E is out of the question so don't bother. Also the graphics on my MOBO is DDR, will other types of DDR such as DDR2 and DDR3 graphics cards work on this? The MOBO is an Abit V-10.

Need help with a new graphics card [ 4 Answers ]

OK the help I need is some generous soul to lend me $1999 for This Stonker !!!. I'll even time share it if you want ;)

View more questions Search