Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stanleycodge Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 01:15 PM
    Exciter crank
    What is an exciter crank? And how does it start the engine on my onan generator set?
    stanleycodge Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 01:16 PM

How does an exciter crank work to start my onan generator set?
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Aug 2, 2010, 09:05 PM

I think it's a electric motor like a starter in your car.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 07:02 AM

The Main Armature is what cranks the Engine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mower won't crank [ 2 Answers ]

Got a riding mower Huskee 21 hp Briggs intek that was sitting up for a couple of yrs.Got it out to sell it but it will not start. Have put in a new battery ,fuel line and filter, taken it top off and cleaned flywheel and coils. Even carburetor off cleaned the bowl and blew out everything with air...

Crank no start [ 1 Answers ]

How do I time a 1991 honda civic with a rebuilt distributor? I got a crank no start

Lawn mower will not crank, begins to crank and locks up. [ 1 Answers ]

I try starting my lawnmower (Craftsman DLT 3000, 18.5 HP), the engine starts to crank and locks up. I remove the spark plug and engine keeps cranking. When I put the spark plug back in the engine begins to crank and locks up. I can manually turn back the pully cover on top the engine and the...

Civic will not crank over [ 1 Answers ]

My wife's 98 civic standard (Not Automatic), starts intermittently. IF anyone can help give us ideas it would be greatly appreciated... Here are the symptoms Push in the clutch and turn the key nothing happens. The lights do not dim (That we know of), we do not hear any clicking when we turn...

No Crank [ 2 Answers ]

'03 Honda civic hybrid--100,000 miles. Good batterey voltage--does not spin the "starter", when key is turned--checked both the in and the out clutch switches and both work properly. This is new diagnostic problem for me -- having vast experience with all other forms of vehicles. Haven't...

View more questions Search