Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jan 16, 2010, 09:46 PM
    Math 10 applied trig
    Someone leans a ladder against a wall, the base should be one foot away from the wall for every four feet the ladder extends up the wall. The top of a ladder rests against a wall 18 feet from the ground. To be used safely how far should the base of the ladder be from the wall?

My answer was 4.5feet could someone check this so I know I'm on the right path please... thanx
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2010, 09:48 PM

Yes, that's correct! :)
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jan 16, 2010, 09:53 PM

Thanks you so much now I can continue without worry lol
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2010, 09:55 PM

You're welcome! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Applied Math 10 Linear functions [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Here is my question. A car is travelling at 60 km/h West away from Vancouver. It is 200 km away from Vancouver after 3 hours. Write an equation which models this situation. Use the equation to determine the distance away from Vancouver after 8 hrs. It needs to be answered in this form. ...

Applied Math 10 question [ 3 Answers ]

A car is travelling at 60 km/h West away from Vancouver. It is 200 km away from Vancouver after 3 hours. Write an equation which models this situation. Use the equation to determine the distance away from Vancouver after 8 hrs. It needs to be answered in this format m = _______________ (x,y) =...

Math 10 Applied Trigonometry Questions [ 6 Answers ]

Argh trig. = http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/modelalyssa/Mee/trig.jpg c) Calculate the angle formed at A. d) Calculate the bearing of A from B. 2. Jose wants to find the height of a radio tower situated on top of a building. Lying on the ground, 10 m from the base of the...

Trig problems applied [ 2 Answers ]

I need to make up at least two problems finding inaccessible distances and angles. These must be real life examples including sine,cosine, tangent, right triangles, angle of elevation, etc. They must not too complicate; I'd infinitely grateful I I can get them solved.

View more questions Search