Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ArabellaDemi324 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 09:13 PM
    How do I become a famous singer
    I want to become a famous singer but I don't know how. My family says I have an awesome voice and so do my teachers and friends. How do I become a famous singer??
    story-love Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Jan 16, 2010, 09:28 PM

My cousin recorded a song or two in school, and asked DJs and stuff like to play his song in clubs, then he played for a small local band and gradually got more popular not famous yet but it's a start. He now plays and has more songs girls love him haha
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2010, 08:09 AM
    Hi, ArabellaDemi324!

Because you're already getting noticed and appreciated as being a singer with some merit, you already have a certain level of fame.

What grade are you in and what kind or kinds of music do you like to sing, please?

Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 17, 2010, 08:13 AM

Two words: American Idol

But you may never become famous. There are many, many working singers and musicians that have never achieved any level of fame outside their own area.

Take a look at Adam Lambert the AI runner up. Adam is clearly an amazing talent, but without AI, he might still be laboring in obscurity.

The thing you need to do is work at your craft, hone your skills and hope for that big break.

Jan 19, 2010, 08:00 PM

Well... I can't go on American Idol because I'm only 14.

Jan 19, 2010, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ArabellaDemi324 View Post
    I want to become a famous singer but i don't know how. my family says i have an awesome voice and so do my teachers and friends. how do i become a famous singer???
    To Clough,
    I'm 14 years old and I like music made by Disney channel stars like the Jonas brothers, Demi lovato, and Selena gomez.
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2010, 10:19 PM
    To Clough,
    I'm 14 years old and I like music made by Disney channel stars like the Jonas brothers, Demi lovato, and Selena gomez.
    Have you taken voice lessons? A good teacher frequently will have all sorts of contacts where you could get more exposure with being involved in things.

Also, county fairs will lots of times have some sort of talent competition where there will be singers competing.

Jan 20, 2010, 07:16 AM

Ok, so you have to wait for Idol. But did you read the rest of what I said? If you goal is just to be famous, the odds are against you. If your goal is to enjoy singing and maybe, someday make a living at it, then go girl!

As we've said, you need to hone your skills (is one of the teachers telling you that you have an awesome voice a music teacher), and take every opportunity to sing publicly.

Jan 20, 2010, 06:18 PM

My teacher is music teacher. I've even got compliments from other teachers and friends... I don't really know how to hone my skills. How do you do it?not to sound dum or anything. But I really want to know.

Jan 20, 2010, 06:20 PM
    To Clough
    I've never really taken singing lessons unless being in chorus counts. Where I'm from they never really have county fairs. I'm from Hartford, Connecticut.
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2010, 06:24 PM
    Have you ever been in a musical theater production?

Being in chorus can coun't, in a way, as having singing lessons, depending on how the director trains the group.
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2010, 06:36 PM
    I'm still here, ArabellaDemi324!

But, I won't be for long. I'm a professional entertainer in the music industry. I play a number of instruments, compose, arrange and improvise, teach instrumentalists as well as singers and lead groups of musicians of many kinds.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2010, 07:03 PM
    Okay, I can see that you're no longer logged onto the site, ArabellaDemi324.

I have to go, but I would like you to answer a question for me, when you have the chance.

What is being famous to you?

I have some definite opinions about that. For instance, just because someone appears on national or international T.V. doesn't necessarily mean that they're famous. I don't watch T.V. So, people that think they're famous by being on a certain television show, aren't famous to me. They might be called celebrities, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're "famous". It's a matter of opinion, definition and the experiences that a person has had, concerning what is really being "famous".

I'm famous, and I'll be glad to describe and to discuss with you as to how and why I'm famous.

There's much more to that... ;)

Thanks!

Jan 20, 2010, 07:55 PM

Could you please tell me the last part you wrote?? I would like to hear it.

Jan 20, 2010, 08:20 PM

You hone your skills by performing whenever you can.
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2010, 09:58 PM
    Could you please tell me the last part you wrote??? I would like to hear it.
    To whom is this directed, please?

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2010, 01:20 PM

It's directed to anyone.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 01:25 PM

Get involved in community theatre. It's a great start for budding singers/musicians because you learn the tricks of the trade, while getting experience and building your resume.

I'd recommend a vocal coach - as the above posters have suggested. You'll be able to find a coach/teacher in Hartford.

You have to simply start somewhere. Community theatre is an excellent place.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2010, 04:06 PM
    I'm still waiting for what you consider to being famous in your definition of that, ArabellaDemi324.

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2010, 05:20 PM

I think being famous is becoming a celebraty like Alicia keys... I think that's how you spell celebraty

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Famous singer [ 8 Answers ]

How do I become a famous signer

Becoming a famous singer [ 3 Answers ]

How do I become a famous kid star.like hannah Montana?

How can I become a famous singer? [ 14 Answers ]

Hey, people, how can I become a famous singer? I've been trying for EVER! But I can't figure it out. Help?:confused:

How to become a famous singer? [ 9 Answers ]

So I sing, I sing in my school, at church and in christmas a sang a solo in my church over 300 people were there, people have told me to go and be a famous singer cause they Love my songs and my voice... my uncle is a famous christian singer, he has cds.. so he Has tought me some...

How do I become a famous singer? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a band and singers, but how do I start performing?? How do I become famous?:confused:

View more questions Search