Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thebigk727 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2003, 06:28 PM
    Trouble against lefties.
    I am a lefty batter and I have trouble hitting against lefties. I hit fine against righties, but against lefties I struggle. Do you have any advice??
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Sep 21, 2008, 11:13 AM

Is it harder to hit the fastball or curveball?

I'm a left handed pitcher and I love to pitch against leftys. Main reason is I can throw a curve at your head and 2 my fastball runs in on your hands giving me some weak groudballs

Tell me what your contact is like with the pitches and I can tell you what to try.

Chances are your getting jambed because of late movement into your hands. Or maybe you have a fear of getting hit.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Sep 21, 2008, 11:21 AM
    My previous post left out some things for some reason. Here's what to do. For me the ones who give me the most trouble are not ones who try and pull the ball to first base. There the ones who go with the pitch where ever I throw it. One thing to keep in mind a leftys fastball tails into a left handed batter so there more of a tendency to get jambed. Also it may be harder to pick up the release point than a righty. You can try to open up with the front foot to get a better look but just rememeber you have to close back up to swing or you'll be bailing out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car trouble [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1988 hyundai pony with a problem... Every now and then I'll be driving along when suddenly it will start to "choke" and stall - as if it's got something in it's throat. It sounds and feels like one of the jets in the carb is blocking up as it only "chokes" on lower revs. If I leave...

My cat is in trouble [ 3 Answers ]

My cat has little black dots on his lip, and they are starting to appear on his nose, and in his eyelid (where humans put eyeliner on) but, its really bugging me. Is it normal? Can I treat it? What is it? Where did it come from.. please help me and my two year old kitty... thank you so much... ...

?Hitting lefty and hitting against lefties. [ 4 Answers ]

I have trouble htting against lefties. I am a left handed batter and I am fine against righties, but against lefties I struggle. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.?

Car trouble [ 5 Answers ]

I have an 89 oldmobile cutlass siarre 4 door my problem is that my car keeps cutting off on me while I am driving it does not have 100,000 miles yet it under that. This problem just started and it has gotten worst I went to the mechanic and change the oil filter, and the oil pump still nothing now...

Boy trouble [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks you guys! You were great help. I chose Michael, James is to immature, and I almost NEVER see Dylan! I'll be posting!

View more questions Search