Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    choraica Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 06:24 PM
    When I right click image on macbook and save image as it is saved as quicktime why
    Hi; When I right click, on macbook to "save image as" it is saved as a Quicktime still, not a jpeg. I took photos of them by using command, shift and 4 but those photos still have the Quicktime headings... as a go-around rather than a fix. How can I save photos to iPhoto for example as jpegs and not anything in Quicktime. Is it in preferences?
    Choraica
    KDMaker Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Jan 31, 2010, 02:29 PM

You did not mention the version of the OS, but the fix is the same anyway. The files are not saved as QuickTime files, but as some kind of picture file. But the OS keeps a list that relates file types to applications. In your case, for some reason, these file types are linked to QuickTime. The fix is easy:
    Select an icon of one of the files.
    Under the File menu, Get Info.
    In that window, find "Open with:" and select the program you prefer. Click the "Change All..." button, and confirm that you really mean it.
    Do this for any and all file types you want to change. A common application for viewing pictures is Preview.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Save rich text box image to database [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I very new to access. What exactly I want is that users will take a screenshot of an application and paste it in the form by possibly an unbound ole object or whatever is suitable or suggested. There are other fields in the form to be filled up. How can I do the same without asking the user...

Click image in webbrowser control in vb [ 2 Answers ]

heys guys I want to load a page in webbrowser control in my vb application and click an image there... suppose I loaded the webpage and I know the name of the gif image which is an random hyperlink.. now I have to click on that gif image named "ok.gif" how can I do this ?

Here is an image [ 16 Answers ]

I hope it works.

How to save an image as jpeg without losing its quality [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I need help on how to save an image (as jpg or gif) without losing its Quality. I am using Paint Shop Pro 7 and I tried to blend two images Together after applying the "feather" effect. But once I try to save it as jpg even after applying the lowest Compression for best quality,...

Saved Image name not shown [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have XP windows - window explorer 6. ;) When I try to save image (in jpeg format), it saved,, but the name of the image does not appears (as it was not saved)... even the image is there still I can not see it. Other image format has no problem and the name of image is shown (only if...

View more questions Search