Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tarab28 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 04:06 PM
    Small salamanders that look like worms
    My parents live in Oakland cal and they found a creature that looks like an earth worm. It has bulgy eyes and a face of a crocodile it has two small feet in front and two small feet in back. One way you look at it, it looks like a salamander then you look at it again and it looks like a worm. Its very small and brown. Any idea of what this is?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2010, 04:20 PM

Do you have a photo? Or have you tried looking through Google Image results for something similar? Also, how small is it? The size of an earthworm?

salamander worm - Google Search

salamander - Google Search

small salamander - Google Search

I also found this page that may be helpful: http://www.californiaherps.com/ident...nders.id2.html

Jan 16, 2010, 04:29 PM

No I don't have a pic. It's a bit smaller than an earth worm, and the feet almost look like toes. Also, they found it in a moist area it has to be wet to live. Thanks for the sites I will look into that.

Jan 16, 2010, 07:10 PM

I think I found it. It is a salamander thanks for your help fadedmaster

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of small brown worms found everywhere in our house? [ 2 Answers ]

They show up everywhere. Have been seeing these nasty, maybe 1 in. brown worms in our house and am wondering if it's dangerous for our dog and if we need to call a bug guy of some sort to get rid of them. HELP!

1/2" small brown worms [ 1 Answers ]

I've lived in this house for 6 years never saw this before. It's November and small 1/2" worms have come out around my house. I found them first on my garage door frame. Next day they were there in the hundreds; I sprayed, swept. Next day more worm things, again the hundreds... ANY Ideas! What...

What to put in a salamanders cage [ 1 Answers ]

Should there be a specific size to the cage? What else besides rocks?

Web worms (bag worms) everywhere [ 3 Answers ]

My neighbor's tree is full of web worms, I think they are also called bag worms. These fuzzy little worms, they're caterpillars really, drop onto my deck and are eating everything in sight. They don't make the web-like encasements, but they are killing my potted plants; mandevilla, vinca, mint,...

View more questions Search