Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doggiepal Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2003, 03:05 PM
    New sprayer leaks
    Hi, my husband just installed a new price fister faucet and sprayer. When the water is running from the faucet the sprayer leaks. Pressure seems fine in faucet and sprayer sprays fine but won't stop leaking unless you just let it hang in the sink then it stops... What should we look for? Thanks for any help??
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 17, 2003, 07:41 AM
    Re: New sprayer leaks
    Good morning Doggie, Your hubby must have disturbed the lines and broke loose a bit of trash that caught in the spray diverter. This snaps shut when you trigger the spray and shuts off water to the spout. It is located under the cartridge and spout. To get to it you will have to shut off the water and remove the handle, retaining cap and nut. You will then be able to pull the spout straight up. The diverter lives under the spout. You can then check the brass diverter for any blockage that may be present. Hope this helps. Good luck. Tom

Nov 17, 2003, 08:01 AM
    Speedball, Thanks for the quick reply I am assuming that the diverter valve is in the faucet not the sprayer. I should tell you that the old sprayer was leaking as well and now as of this morning the shut-off valve downstairs in the house is leaking... I think we are going to float away. Hubby will replace the valve this morning,, could that be part of the problem... We didn't know it was leaking... Thanks what a mess :-[
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 17, 2003, 08:39 AM
    The diverter's located under the spout assembly in the faucet valve body. What your old sprayer did will have no effect on your new one. As for the leaking shut off valve. Under the handle you will find a nut. This is the "bonnet packing nut". If your shutoff valve's leaking from around the stem have hubby tighten that nut until the leak stops. More questions? I'm as close as a click. Tom

Nov 17, 2003, 06:05 PM
    New sprayer leaks
    Speedball, Thank you so much you are very helpful. My husband took off the valve and took it to the plumbing store where they repacked it for 1.95 and everything is fine now. As for the sprayer since my husband needs a visual they showed him in the manual exactly what you were talking about. However I turned on the hot wated and ran it for awhile and then the sprayer seemed to stop leaking , there was a small piece of debris in the sink so I may have popped it loose who knows... and it may leak again next time we turn it on... Hubby will check diverter valve... Thanks very much... :)
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 18, 2003, 06:08 AM
    New sprayer leaks
    Yee Doggies! (Shades of Beverly Hillbillys, (I couldn't resist) I'm glad I could help. I figured all along hubby disturbed a bit of solder or debis that got caught in the diverter. If I can ever be of further help just ask. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet leaks [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. My tenant just phoned to say that the handle of the flush leaks when it is flushed. She also is noticing water around the base of the toilet. Just checking in to see what I should look for when I go over and what some possible solutions might be? Many thanks, JD

Outside faucet leaks [ 1 Answers ]

My outside faucets have a plastic cap between the house and on/off handle that says anti-siphon, which are now gushing water when I turn on the faucet. When I turn this cap it spins in either direction and doesn't seem to do anything. 2 out of 3 faucets are doing this, one seems to be fine. How...

Auto leaks [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find the leak without spending big $$$$$$$$$$$$:o

Sink Sprayer Help [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here's my problem about 6 months ago my sprayer broke on my kitchen sink and I just got aroudn to replace it. Before it broke I had no problems whatsoever with it. Now I installed a new sprayer head and the problem started immediately. What happens is the water runs fine out of the faucet but as...

No water except when using the sprayer [ 2 Answers ]

Last night when I came home, my daughter took me to the kitchen. I have a glacier bay faucet. When I turned on the water nothing came out, but when I used the sprayer I had water come out of the sprayer. This morning when I use the sprayer I have water coming out of the faucet and the sprayer. ...

View more questions Search