Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladymember Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 12:27 PM
    My son refuses to see his dad since our separation
    After the break up of our marriage one of my sons flatly refuses to see his dad.he is frightened that my husband will take me to court and they will make him see his dad. Has my son got any rights of his own and will the courts listen to his wishes? He is 11 years old.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2010, 01:20 PM

Unless there is a history or emotional or physical abuse they will not rescind visitation based on his wishes.

I had the same issue with my son and while the judge was willing to listen,it had no effect in changing the order.

If you do not comply to court ordered visitation you can be deemed as in contempt of court.

Perhaps mediation with a court mediator would be helpful in this situation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2010, 01:24 PM

The father can take you to court for contempt for not making the child go. The child is merely that a child and does not have any say unless the father is a danger to the child.

In fact the father may try and tell the court you are doing this to the child, by telling him bad things about father. Or order you to get him counseling.
    ladymember Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 10:02 AM

Thanks for the help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult bipolar son refuses to leave home [ 51 Answers ]

I don't know if "Family Law" is the right forum, if not please direct me to the approirate area. I am a single mother in Florida. My only child is a 20 year old young man who lives with me. I love him more than anything on the planet but his bipolar disorder and refusal to seek help, along...

Teenage son refuses to leave home [ 12 Answers ]

My 19 year old refuses to leave home. His child support ends next week. I have told him that he needs to contribute the difference or move out. He does not go to college and only this week started a job at 8.50 / hour. He smokes pot in the garage with friends and drinks alcohol as he pleases. ...

My son has a dad and now the biological dad came out of da blue and wants a dna test? [ 5 Answers ]

When I was five months pregnant my sons dad abandoned me and started denying my son, I started dating someone else who didn't care that I was pregnant he still chose to love me and be with me, he even had a few words with the loser when I was eight months pregnant and needed things for the baby...

Dad refuses. [ 8 Answers ]

I am 17 years old. I became pregnant when I was 16. I now have a baby girl who is almost 8 weeks old. My father kicked me out of the house when I was 4 months pregnant. He is now refusing to re-sign me up for insurance. I need the insurance because I need to go to a doctor for a few medical...

View more questions Search