Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wellswood Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 11:59 AM
    Copying Files
    I have read at various times that when digitized files - i.e. data held on hard drives, DVDs etc.- are copied there no loss in quality. I have however also read that there is "virtually" no loss in quality. If the word "virtual" means "almost" it means that if a DVD that contains a film is copied then the copy is almost (but not quite) as good as the original.

So is there no loss in quality or almost no loss in quality. I would like to know. I would have though that provided there are no errors in the copying process, which would be reported by applications such as Nero, then the copy would be exactly the same and as good as the original.
    Xapafe Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Jan 18, 2010, 02:23 PM

There is always a loss in quality when going from Analog to Digital.
    But it's so small that you can't tell.

But if you copy from Digital to Digital (Hard drive to DVD or HD to Flash Drive, etc) there is no loss.

Of course when you buy a DVD they use software to kind of negate the affects of Generation Loss.

Either way once it's digital and in your possession the copy won't get any worse. ^^

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copying from pdf files [ 1 Answers ]

Explain how l can copy from pdf files

Convert garmin files to esri .shp files [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a file conversion utility to conver garmin track/ waypoint files to ESRI .shp files or ESRI .shp to Garmin format

Copying large video files on cd [ 10 Answers ]

I had downloaded a very large video file approx 867MB and now I want to copy it onto a CD. But I get messages like file is too large / file too long / cannot record more than 74 minutes, etc. Please tell me how to copy the file on cd? Or how can I make a video cd of this file? Or how can I make a...

Copying and pasting music files... [ 5 Answers ]

I ripped all of my music to my hard drive some time ago and windows media player put all of the music into folders by group\album'song name'.wma Now I'm trying to put all of my songs into folders according to my idea of genre. So I cut all of the tracks from all of the folders and oasted them...

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

View more questions Search