Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stormywfx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 11:00 AM
    New cd's won't play
    I have a HP Laptop with vista. The player will not play new cd's but will play used ones. This just started happening in the last month.
    Xapafe Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Jan 20, 2010, 10:53 AM

Pretty much this is less of an answer and more of my observation.
    If you can play older CD's but your newer ones won't work my fears are coming true!

Pretty much the Music industry is getting tired of people taking their music and ripping it and putting in onto different sites like Rapidshare.

I believe that some companies (Probably more popular radio music also... ) have begun intentionally crippling CD's so they won't play in computers..
    Meaning only your car or other device with play them.

Just a thought...

On a more technical stand point, have you tried to put in into a different device?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My laptop won't load CD's [ 19 Answers ]

I have a TOSHIBA Satellite L300 series and I don't know why it won't load CD's. I put the cd in and nothing happens. I can't find the cd drive any where and nothing about the CD. I have a CD that came with the laptop which is Recovery and Applications/Drivers: but I don't know if that ill help.

Drive won't read blank cd's [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there, is there anyone out there that can help me? All of a sudden my drive won't recognize blank cd's when inserted. I try to burn music cd's and put a blank disc in but it keeps saying "no disc inserted". I am running Windows XP, the computer is about a year and a half old. Don't know...

View more questions Search