Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariamprtg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2010, 09:13 AM
    Can I buy a house with me owing the government money
    My ex retired early and he got pentalized I didn't know he would. We did taxes together and now there after me. I want to buy a house now that were no longer together and in my credit report it shows I owe the money.
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Jan 15, 2010, 07:55 PM

Since you filed together on a tax return then yes I would say you are just as responsible, I hope that some one on here with tax knowledge can better answer your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone move to a different state when on probation and owing money? [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend got a felony in October and now has a job opportunity and place to live in a different state, he still owes money to the state that is getting paid off little by little and does community service. Is there any way he can transfer? And how ?

Looking to buy a house with no credit or no money down [ 5 Answers ]

Is looking to purchase a house with a crdit score of 567 with experian and no down payment or closing cost

Owing me money for the rent I am a student [ 1 Answers ]

I paid for the rent in london first installement $475, however I need to chande different program and had to move and leave in a Residence. Im leasing contract was that I am responsible to find someone on my spad, I did it. And now the girl doesn't like to pay me Owing money. I tried to contact...

Some of these people are in so much trouble owing money [ 2 Answers ]

It gets tiresome but I love to help. Collection agencies buy each other out, add their pro rated interest fee and by the time they try to collect from an individual the amount is alrrady 75 or +++++ % more then they borrowed. I have been through this, through no fault of my own and fought them...

How can I save money to buy a house [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am 22 years old and I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years. We are currently trying to think of ways to save money to buy a house. It seems it never happens something always gets in the way. I have credit card debt & a new car payment that I am currently trying to pay off and he has...

View more questions Search