Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wwilly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2010, 08:30 AM
    Can I cut track lighting track (hampton bay) to custom length
    I want to create a u-shaped layout for my hampton bay track lighting within a specifically defined space. To achieve this, I would need to shorten one track. Can the track be cut and maintain electrical continuity.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2010, 08:51 AM

Only if the instructions for the track allows it to be cut, in which case, the end cap would be movable.

If the end cap is fixed, and does not allow removal from the existing end to the new end, then no, cannot cut it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay track Lighting [ 13 Answers ]

I have installed Hampton Bay track lighting in five rooms of my house. They are all the low voltage (12 volt) type. In all I have 52 light heads. I had to rewire some of the 90 degree track connectors that came wired wrong from the factory. I am now experiencing the problem that when a bulb...

Hampton bay track lighting kit [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed two sets of hampton bay track lighting model hd529093 in my den. And they are controlled by 2 light swithes. I am trying to install a dimmer on them. I have lutron dimmer model fae1v500m muti-location 500w andfa603adtl for the second switch. I am not able to make lights work with...

Hampton Bay Track Lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing Hampton Bay track lighting in my kitchen. I am wanting to use the H design with two parallel tracks. Using two 4' bars on each side connected with a 2' bar in the middle. We have one side hooked up but when we tried to put the T connector in the other side it would not fit. Do...

Hampton bay track lighting [ 1 Answers ]

We just installed a hampton by track and bought Halo by Laser lights. Nothing is working. Are they not combatible? They are both "3-wire" systems, (I believe called "H" systems) with 2 wires on one side and one on the other.

Hampton Bay Track Lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I have Hampton Bay track lighting in a bathroom and now two of the heads will not work, I have replaced with new heads and still will not work, can move the last two heads that do work to any place on the track and they work. Have replaced bulbs with one that have confirmed working.

View more questions Search