Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jecrea000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 09:55 PM
    I replace the blower motor for a furnace.now won't shut off
    I replace a blower motor for a furnace that is about 30 years old... now it won't shut off.. the colors of the new motor are different the old motor... maybe I rewired wrong?? please help
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2010, 11:01 PM
    All I can think of the new motor is to young for the old furnace, the furnace can`t control or keep up,, lol

We would need the brand and model number, what are the wire colors? On the side of the motor It should have a label telling where each wire should go

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor won't shut off on bryant [ 5 Answers ]

Have a bryant furnace 20+ yrs old blower motor won't shut off even after desired temp. is achieved. New thermostat.

Blower motor won't shut off in attic [ 4 Answers ]

How do you fix a fan motor that does not shut off at the furance and what do you normally shut the fan limted switch too I know if I go up there and turn fan limted switch it will shut off and the theromstate and fan motor have to be set togather this old unit but heat great beside this problem it...

Blower motor on furnace doesn't shut off [ 3 Answers ]

I have a coleman 7600 series presidential furnace with central air added on. I came home today and the condenser coil in the furnace was full of ice, and no air was coming from vents because of that. I tried shutting everything down but now the blower motor on the furnace won't shut off. I turned...

State Water Heater Blower Motor won't shut off-Fix [ 1 Answers ]

In response to those with the above problem, I was running downstairs all the time to tap on the blower control switch locatedin front of the gas valve,and it was driving me nuts. I inserted a piece of aluminum foil between the switch and the metal pole it slides in on. I have cycled the water...

Rheem furnace blower motor won't turn on [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace blower motor will not turn on. The troubleshooting guide says to replace blower motor but the diagnostics says the Limit Switch is Open any ideas

View more questions Search