Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    payasa14 Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 05:32 PM
    3rd DUI
    My dad got his 3rd DUI and the court agreed to give him 2 days in jail, 3months house arrest, 60 hours community service and probation and still keep his papers. He was suppose to get released today from jail but now immigration has a hold on him. Why would they if he has his papers? Can they take his papers away and deport him if they wanted? What can I do to help my dad out? My little sister and I are devastated. Please help ASAP. Thanks.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2010, 05:35 PM

Hello p:

The feds are not obligated by the promises made by the state. They CAN deport your dad. I'd hire an immigration attorney.

excon
    payasa14 Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 05:46 PM

So if they deport him does that mean he will never be able to come back to the U.S.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2010, 05:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by payasa14 View Post
    So if they deport him does that mean he will never be able to come back to the U.S.?
    Hello again, p:

That's right. He's gone forever, unless he sneaks back in.

excon
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 15, 2010, 05:00 PM

Though he has green card, it doesn't mean he can live here forever. He's deported because he committed crimes. DUI is felony... and this is the 3rd times!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2010, 07:01 PM

Assuming he had legal paper work, they can be revolked at anytime for criminal activiy, a 3rd DUI is very serious in some states in many US states he would have gotten months in jail for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3rd dui? [ 34 Answers ]

so I just got out of jail on a BAIL for my 3rd DUI in less then 1 1/2 year! I'm only 20 years old and I haven't even gone to court and got my charges for my 2nd DUI yet? And I just got my 3rd DUI. I have court in 2 weeks from today and I'm scard! People are saying that I could end up spending time...

3rd DUI consequences [ 14 Answers ]

I was just wondering... I got my 3rd DUI in February of this year, and am actually on house arrest for it right now. Anyway, I got a letter back in April stating that my DL was suspended until April of '08. Well, in September when I was in jail (being released to go to KU) I got a different letter...

Consequences for a 3rd DUI [ 3 Answers ]

I just got my 3rd DUI and want to know what my possible consequences are going to be. The first one was in Riverside county, CA and the second was in Los Angeles County, CA. Both of my priors have been expunged/dismissed. My most recent was received in San Diego and the police offficers did not...

Conswquences,3rd dui in California? [ 3 Answers ]

Worried about 3rd. Dui in California.

License after 3rd dui [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get my license back after a 3rd dui. It's been 10 years.If not can I get a restricted lic For work.

View more questions Search