Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richard19 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 01:12 PM
    Power button blinking
    Hp pavilion a609.uk power button flashing blue it won't start until light stops flashing

Jan 14, 2010, 01:13 PM

Hp pavilion a609.uk power button flashing blue it won't start until light stops flashing
    Xapafe Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Jan 15, 2010, 02:25 PM

When the light is flashing it usually means the computer is "Asleep"
    In a suspended mode that saves power but still keeps your programs and data up.

It usually takes a computer about 15-30 seconds to start up from this state.

When you turn on your computer does it COMPLETELY reboot or does it allow you to log straight in?

Jan 16, 2010, 02:20 AM
    After turning on the power from the wall plug and then I have to wait for about 5-10 minutes for the blue light to stop flashing thenipush the power button every starts to run okay then I log straight in.

Jan 28, 2010, 06:41 PM

Hmm..

It could be different things...

My guess would be the motherboard acting up..
    OR my second guess would be the PSU (Power Supply Unit) is acting up.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2010, 11:55 AM

I would guess niether. There power supplies really sucked, not to mention that they're software intereferes with everything, power down and up have issues because of the power saver software HP put in there.

Try unplugging everything from the tower after it finishes shutting down, including the power chord. Press and hold the power button for 10-30 seconds and try a reboot. If this does not solve all the settings check your power settings. Sometimes when you press the power button once, it goes into sleep (Where I've had several problems with those HP's getting stuck there). Or it will try to hibernate which can take a while to shut down.

Go to the start menu and click shut down, then make sure it shuts down in the following dialogue box.

If either of these don't work then I'd consider either the PS or the MoBo. (PS First)

Jan 31, 2010, 07:18 PM

Ehh but he is describing it to to take 15 minutes to power back up, AFTER it's down.

What would cause a computer to take 15 minutes to turn on?

But you are right about HPs doing that though.
    My laptop will go to sleep for no reason.
    I'm close to sending it in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer power button blinking [ 2 Answers ]

Computer power button blinking when press to start, and it keep doing for couple of hour then stop blinking, and press again to start the computer

Power button blinking yellow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Dell Dimension E510. The power button is blinking yellow. I was told the mother board was bad. I order one and replaced it. The button is still blinking yellow and the computer will not turn on. What is going on with my computer? John

What does it mean when my light button on printer keeps blinking [ 2 Answers ]

What does it mean when my green power light on my printer blinks when I try to use the printer it says unable to connect I was told to uninstall it and it just says deleting it is almost like it is frooze

Won't power on, blinking green power light. [ 6 Answers ]

During a power outage last night, my computer was left on, now the computer won't turn on. The power light is blinking green. There is a surge protector in use.

View more questions Search