Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nigarsultan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 11:03 AM
    My Radco furnace-a/c unit will not work
    We have a Radco heater-a/c model FF1DNA030. The unit will not work for either heat or a/c. The thermostat has been replaced since the problem started. I can hear the thermo switch click when the temp is increased, and I hear a low hum from the unit. The blower motor is hot to touch, but the fan moves freely. I believe it may be the starter capacitor, but I''m not sure.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2010, 02:28 PM
    Pin point exactly, what is humming
    Nigarsultan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 02:59 PM
    Can't tell exactly where its coming from, but it may be coming from the motor.
    Justin Orr Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 03:28 PM
    The humming may very well be coming from your compressor when you hear it click on. My guess the thermostat is calling for cooling and your compressor kicks on, and your fan should kick on too since they're wired in parallel. Next time you hear it humming, you can try spinning your fan (at your discretion, I didn't tell you to. Don't hurt yourself). If it continues spinning and gets up to speed, then your start capacitor is at fault, but I don't think that's the problem. Since the motor assembly gets hot, that possibly means there's an open winding somewhere in the motor (open means it burned open, so no voltage can pass). You may need a new blower motor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have any clue where to buy parts for a radco mobile home furnace? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for parts for a radco electric mobile home furnace but I can't find parts for it any where does anybody have any clue where to go to find these parts ? Thank you

Could wiring in furnace causing #34 in furnace unit? [ 3 Answers ]

An orange wire,600v is wrapped together instead of being joined with connectors, could that be the reason the furnace shuts off without maintaining desired temp. Cleaned the flame sensor, put in new thermostat. Unit heats the house, but doesn't maintain heat. #34 flashes,and then the unit shuts...

AC unit That does not work [ 2 Answers ]

I opened the compartment to the outside unit and there were three things. A circuit board, something that looks like a small canister and a switch that looks like a relay. The circuit board has a flashing green light. When it is switched to cool there is a click followed by another click. But...

AC unit That does not work [ 1 Answers ]

When I set the thermostat to on there is a click on the outside unit but it still will not come on. Anything else. The outside circuit braker is a manual breaker, that can not be shut off through over load or short. To break this circuit, you have to remove the jumper which is in a good state. ...

Comfortmaker Furnace Fan blows in line fuse and will not allow furnace to work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker Furnace (approximately 1998/99) and the fan will not turn on allow the furnace to heat. When I try to turn the furnace on it blows a 3 amp fuse at the blower motor. I removed the fuse and jumped it and all it will do is make a faint buzzing noise and not turn on. I can...

View more questions Search