Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Jan 14, 2010, 08:23 AM
    What is the procedure for renting a house
    Hello,
    What is the procedure for renting a house? Is it easier or harder than renting an apartment? Also is it more or less expensive than a\partment renting? Lastly are there any pitfalls to watch out for when renting a home vs. an apartment. Thanks!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2010, 08:48 AM

I guess it would be the same thing. Only, with a house, you are working with a personal landlord, rather than an apartment community.

Before you enter a contract for renting (an apartment OR a house), always make sure that you review every piece of the contract. Be sure to ask about broken appliances, flood damage, window treatments, bug exterminators, everything and anything you can think of.

I live in an apartment that fixes literally everything that goes wrong. All I have to do is call the office and they come out and fix it. Normally within a few hours of the call. With a house, you'll probably have a longer wait time because it is a personal landlord.

There are pluses and minuses for both.

Best of luck!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2010, 09:03 AM

Hello K:

In addition the Chick's fab answer, houses are usually much more expensive than apartments.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renting unsanitary house [ 5 Answers ]

HI, I am renting a tree house in the Hollywood Hills in L.A and there are rats at night in the garden that made they way into the wall of the house. Basically the house is build against the hill so there is a concrete wall against the hill side, then the pipes and the wooden wall of the inside of...

Foreclosure on house we are renting [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I are renting a house that we believe is being forclosed on. The realtor has denied knowing anything about it but we have received certified mail from the owners bank and talked to another realtor who says on the computer it is under foreclosure. We are unsure why the realtor...

Renting a house. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just moved into a house, and I have 3 months of security and I was just served papers of a foreclosure on this house. Know I rented from a realastate and they knew nothing about this.Do I have to move or do I get to live out my security? I have to write a letter to the clerk at the court in 20...

The House I'm renting is being auctioned off! What do I did? [ 4 Answers ]

OK! I know nothing about renting but I have six months left on my lease and I just found a letter on our door saying the property will e auctioned to highest bidder on 12/14/07. So what am I supposed to do? My landlord will not return my phone calls and I don't want to somehow trap myself by not...

View more questions Search