Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jan 13, 2010, 08:17 PM
    Period replaced by discharge
    My period was due almost 2 weeks ago, but it never showed up. Instead, I've been getting a really thick, clear discharge for the past couple days.

I've had two periods and a doctor's check up since the last time I had sex. I was also on birth control for the month of December.

I had spotting every day for the month I was taking the sronyx pills. I stopped taking it because I was tired of bleeding every day, and don't currently have a sexual partner anyway.

I know birth control can really mess with your body. I'm just wondering if it's normal for it to just stop your period from showing up at all. Everything I was told, and have heard during my own research, said that it should make my period more regular.

I also want to know why I'm getting the weird discharge.

Before anyone says it, because I know they will (if for no other reason than to just make sure it has been said), I see no reason to take a pregnancy test. It's been almost 3 months since I had sex, and I've had 2 periods since then. The doctor saw nothing to indicate that I was pregnant. And I spent a month on birth control.

Going to a doctor is also a last resort. I have no insurance and can't afford a doctor's visit. The free clinic in the area doesn't do much beyond basic exams and pregnancy tests.
    Experts

Jan 15, 2010, 12:00 AM

Yeah, I know, everyone here is a volunteer and I shouldn't expect an immediate response. That's why I waited a full day. I'm hoping someone will have an idea if this is a normal side effect of sronyx. While I'm not exactly worried, I am confused.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2010, 11:59 PM
    Sorry, I have no clue, except that drugs (of any kind) mess with your body, but I love the irony.:D
    Instead of I think I might be pregnant, it's I'm sure I'm not:)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2010, 01:23 AM

I would give it a bit longer to see if your periods become more regular again.

I had a lot of trouble with birth control pills which is why I switched to implanon... I loved it at first but now I hate it.
    I haven't had a period in over 6 months which is pure bliss but it has taken a huge toll on my libido and given me horrible acne.

I also used to get strange and annoying discharge (still do but not as bad) when I was on the pill.
    Experts

Jan 16, 2010, 01:37 AM

Yeah, I figure it's just the pills messing with my system. I was basically just wondering if anyone else had similar side effects.

I think it's safe to assume that the chances of me being pregnant after 2 periods and a month of birth control are fairly low. Not only that, I'd have to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 months along. The ONLY symptom I've had is the missed period, which has a much more reasonably explanation. Besides, me being pregnant right now would be on the other end of the scale from being a good thing.
    Experts

Jan 21, 2010, 10:39 PM

OK, so, does anyone have a guess at what the odds are that I could actually be pregnant, with everything considered? It's been niggling in the back of my head.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 09:05 PM

That would be a question for J_9
    You can send her a PM and ask her to look at your question ;)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 23, 2010, 02:23 AM
    Heath, pregnancy is always a possibility. Some women do bleed in the early months. Only taking a HPT in the morning will tell you for sure.
    Experts

Jan 23, 2010, 10:22 AM

I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative. If I turn out to be pregnant after that, then I'm going to complain about the accuracy of walgreens products.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 23, 2010, 05:08 PM
    Heath, remember that stress can cause these problems with your period as well. You have been under a tremendous amount of stress recently.
    Experts

Jan 23, 2010, 05:43 PM

I know. And I know there are a hundred more likely reasons than being pregnant for missing a period. I just wanted to be sure, so I took a test. Hopefully it fixes itself within the next month or two.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, mild cramping, white discharge, negative test, small dark discharge (1X) [ 8 Answers ]

No signs of pregnancy except for missed period... I think. I have a weird cycle; it moves all around the month. I only think it's late because I remember I had it during a big event. Took two tests Saturday and Monday. Chugged water before hand on the first. The second was late Saturday night...

Late period.No period.discharge [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Everyone! My boyfriend & I are trying to conceive our first child & so far haven't had any luck :( My main concern is my last period was March 24th and I am pretty regular having a cycle every 28 days! Here it is April 26th making me 6 days late for my period! I am currently evperiences brown...

Brown Discharge a week before period, then brown discharge at time of period? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on Yaz birth control and because of a different medicine I take they say the effectiveness of the birth control may be compromised (they don't know how much) so I always make sure to use a condom in addition to the birthcontrol. I never miss a pill and take them regularly...

My period keeps going on, even after I discharge [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 13 years old and I started getting my period at the age of 12. My period started again about 3-5 weeks ago and its still going. I discharged a few days ago but my period keeps going on. I'm really worried and I don't know when my period is going to stop! This means I can't go to the beach and...

View more questions Search