Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traviejo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 01:34 PM
    Texas law... how long does an employer have to correct and incorrect paycheck?
    I started a new job as a Nursing Supervisor a month ago. On my first paycheck I noticed that the pay rate was $4/hr less than it was supposed to be. Payroll said No problem that it would be added to my next paycheck. Second paycheck (a week ago) the rate is still $4/hr less and correction from first paycheck not there. Payroll has STILL not changed the rate and STILL not paid me the difference. What is Texas law for how long does an employer have to correct an incorrect paycheck?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 13, 2010, 01:39 PM

I doubt if there is any specific law that governs this. Check with the Texas Dept of labor.

What does payroll say about it not being corrected?
    traviejo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 01:46 PM

Payroll at my facility has emailed and called the CORP. office to have it corrected many times but CORP. payroll is the one causing the problem, and That is where the paychecks come from.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 13, 2010, 02:02 PM

Then you need to contact corporate and find out what the hold up is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Correct and incorrect entries [ 1 Answers ]

Oh thank you. I get it now. But I still had a few problems with these. So I was wodnering If someone can tell me how these were done. I am a mother of a nursing student and I am interested in doing accounting diploma. So I want to learn before I decide. I was wondering if someone can tell me what...

Employee Cashed Incorrect paycheck - overpayment [ 4 Answers ]

I am a small-business employer and accidentally overpaid an employee on her last check $360 (about 40% more then she should have received). Payday was Friday. On Monday I found the error. The check has not cleared my bank yet so I put a stop-payment on it. I called her and she told me she cashed...

How can I get my former employer to send me my paycheck? [ 2 Answers ]

I worked from 11/19/2007 to 12/02/2007 then they let me go and now they are giving me the run around about my paycheck. I worked 43.36 hours at $8.00/hr. They owe me $348.80. What can I do to get my paycheck?

Who do you call when your employer won't give you your paycheck after termination? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. My boyfriend just put in his two week notice last Friday after finding a better paying job. After six days, there was an investigation done by local detective. Nothing has been concluded so far but it did result in firing 5 people. There is no proof that any of these people did anything...

View more questions Search