Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 12:48 PM
    Can a new house be haunted?
    Well the title pretty much sums it up.

I had a house built, my daughter and I are the only ones who have ever lived in it, it is only 1.5 years old. The land was never used for housing unless it was back in the nomad days ;)

I am not a normal believer of spirits and such, but recently I have been thinking, why not? I believe in Jesus, which would have to mean I believe in the devil right?

Yin and Yang type thing? Night and day theroy?

Anyway, just want to know if you guys think it would be possible that a brand new house with no history could be haunted or housing spirits?:confused:
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 12:54 PM

A new home should always be blessed and spirits have been known to follow families and even family heirlooms.

Antiques have been known to have spirits attached to them.

Err on the side of caution and have the home blessed.You can do it yourself ,its very simple.

There are numerous on line articles that discuss this issue.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 09:53 AM

artlady had some good points.
    The land can have a serious history that might have unsettled spirits.
    Dogs Expert

Feb 7, 2010, 10:00 AM

Ok thank you guys! :)
    Dogs Expert

Feb 7, 2010, 10:02 AM
    Do you think I can bless it myself? Or does it have obe done by a professional?
    I don't think my house is haunted, but my daughter is obsessed with ghost's and monsters, she says they are in her bedroom. :confused:
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 10:11 AM

Are you religious? Can you have a talk with your pastor or priest? But why not try doing it yourself. Wouldn't hurt.
    Try setting up a webcam in the middle of the night. Play around with things :) experiment.
    Dogs Expert

Feb 7, 2010, 10:33 AM

I was raised and baptised Roman Catholic, I am relegious, but not overly... I really don't know how to explain it. I don't regualry go to church, but I don't by any means consider myself an atheist. I also believe religion is open to interpretation.
    No to the web cam, only because I would probably poop my pants if I saw anything... lol.
    Thanks for the reply, I will definitely give it a shot, the blessing that is ;)
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

Feb 7, 2010, 10:34 AM

I don't believe in any of that hokus pokus stuff. Fun to think about maybe in a fantasy or scary story kind of way... but not real.
    Dogs Expert

Feb 7, 2010, 10:42 AM

Yup, and that's just what I mean open for interpreation.
    I was always taught, that if you believe in one, you must believe in the other, see one couldn't exsist with out the other. Kind of like happiness and sadness, with out happiness you couldn't feel sorrow, and vica versa.
    But again, open to interpretation. I don't think that anyone's way of thinking is "the only way". I believe that in all religions, it comes down to worrshipping a God, and that's what counts... believing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my house haunted? [ 11 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have just moved into a new house. Before we moved we experienced some strange goings on in our last home. In our old house kitchen utensils often went missing for weeks and months and then suddenly reappeared again where we left them. If we were up early enough we could also hear...

My house is haunted! [ 17 Answers ]

I've always had ghostly experiences since I was 2 years old. I am 51 now. We just purchased another home 5 months ago. The very first night we stayed here (my gr'daughter and I) hubby was out of state working, we were going to sleep in one of the bedrooms.I heard a bunch of whispering, like a...

Is my house haunted [ 5 Answers ]

I've been living in my new house for 2 months. I have started to notice unusual things happen. Sounds of doors slamming, computer chair spinning, dog barking at nothing, one door that has to be propped open to stay open. My house is only 40 yrs old. I would like a physic to tell me if it is...

Do you think my house is haunted [ 2 Answers ]

This is my 1st question posted on here. I have lived in my house for 5 years. Yesterday, my eight year daughter who is a very smart little girl and has never made up a story in her life. She doesn't lie. She was playing a video game in her toy room for about a half hour. She came running out of...

Is my house haunted? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, I Have A Question Concerning My House, Because For A While I've Been Questioning Myself Of Whether My House Is Haunted... the Experiences I Have Heard From My Sister And Friendz Have Been About Seeing This Apparation Of This Ghost. This Is When It All Started, My Sister Apparently Was "seeing"...

View more questions Search