Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psycho10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 11:34 AM
    Craftsman 17 hp riding mower replaced the solenoid & still no power to engine
    I have a craftsman 17.5 horse riding mower, it was working and I parked it for about a week and now it won't start, the battery if fine.. I replaced the solenoid because there was no power going to the starter. Same preblem with the new one, if I jump the solenoid it will turn over.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 14, 2010, 07:30 PM

Hi,
    I gather that you are jumping across the large terminals, which tells you the battery is good. Try jumping from the battery side to the small terminal (if there is only one) or the one with the red wire (if there are two.) That checks the solenoid if it has only three terminals total.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman riding mower engine stops when blades are engaged [ 15 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman 'Garden Tractor', model number: 917.273070. It has a Kohler engine (model number: CV22S, type number: 75534). The engine starts fine and will run without any issues in all gears. However, immediately once I engage the blade clutch the engine begins to stall. If I place the...

Craftsman 15.5 riding mower fuel shut off solenoid not working [ 5 Answers ]

My craftsman 15.5 riding mower will crank, but not start when I turn on the ignition switch. I have traced all the electrical system, and everything gets 12 volts when it should. The solenoid works, starter turns, new spark plug fires. New battery, new ignition switch. Fuel line is clear and drains...

Craftsman Riding Mower engine surges [ 3 Answers ]

Craftsman riding mower is around 7 years old. Engine, not mower, surges in idle and while mowing; replaced plug, gas line, gas filter, filled w/new gas, & air filter. What else can I do?

Solenoid noise non-starting Craftsman Riding Mower? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, My 17 HP Craftsman riding mower (Model No. 917.270710) has been starting with difficulty all season. First, it cranked but failed to start unless I put the battery charger on it. After a couple of months of starting it this way, it would not start even with the charger on. A friend...

Replaced riding mower engine w older one [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced an engine on riding mower with another one. The original engine was a Brigs 10hp. I have a 12hp brigs given to me. But it is from an older mower. The 12hp engine only has two wires coming out of it. The 10hp one had three. There is a seat kill switch on this mower, but the engine...

View more questions Search