Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smiley7792 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 08:26 PM
    How much is old confederate money worth today?
    I have a confederate 1 dollar bill from Feb. 17, 1864, with the picture of a lady on front, the letter B. on both bottom corners the seriel No. 8229. How much would it be worth today.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2010, 09:47 PM
    Hi, smiley7792!

Do you know what the graded condition of it is? Is there any other information on it, like a location? Also, are you sure it's genuine currency from that period, please?

There have been many copies made of Confederate currency over the decades.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2010, 01:01 AM
    >Moved from Other Money & Services.<
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2010, 12:30 AM

SMILEY7792- ON FEB.17 1864, the one dollar confederate note printed at that time
    had a bust picture of CLEMENT C. CLAY on the front.sorry no woman was printed on them;; now if it was as this one ccclay pictured on the front ,values are - Good-$30.00::Very Good- $45.00;; FINE- $60.00 ;; XFINE- $110.00;; UNCIRCULATED- $150.00:: They had 15 varieties with plate letters { A TO H } I could be wrong ,BUT I think you have a counter fit note ONE way to tell is to look at { FEB 17TH 1864"where the 'TH" is see if there is[ two dots,if it has two dots under "th" then it is susposed to not be counter fit. THE COUNTER FIT ones had only "ONE DOT":::
    Have a great day and GOD BLESS:: F.B.E. PS LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE DOTs
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2010, 01:09 AM
    That was interesting and informative about the dots, F.B.E. I didn't know about that.

Thanks!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2010, 08:48 PM

CLOUGH -that is one of three ways to tell if it is counterfit;; you very welcome;;Hope you are doing OK ,Im doing OK.I have to go to the doctor tomorrow,for a check up . Since the last time I had trouble with my medicines was night befopr thanks giving,and he told BARB and me [no more driving until I get TO where medicines don't go as far as making me pass out ;; Well I guess I'd better answer some questions,talk latter ;;
    Have a great day and GOD BLESS;; your friend -F.B.E.
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2010, 08:37 AM
    Have a great day and God Bless you too, Flying Blue Eagle!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

VALUE OF Confederate money [ 6 Answers ]

What Is Value Of Confederate Fifty Dollar Bill Fair Shape Date 1864 No.1844s

What is the worth of Confederate Lost Cause with notes [ 6 Answers ]

What is the worth (for insurance coverage) of an original print of the Confederate "Lost Cause" poem. The frame measure approx 31" x 25". Around the poem are origianl Confederate notes: a one dollar, two dollar, five dollar, ten dollar, twenty dollar, fifty dollar, one hundred dollar and a five...

View more questions Search