Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Slider22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2010, 09:12 PM
    Why does my whirlpool dryer turn itself off after 10 minutes
    My dryer only turns itself off when in a heat mode... not fluff. I don't think it is the motor. Any suggestions?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 06:10 AM

It sounds like it is overheating and the thermal cutout is shutting it off. I would pull the dryer out from the wall and take a look at the vent pipe and make sure it is clear of lint. Look back into the dryer and forward down the pipe towards the outside--make it as clean as possible. This lint can catch fire.

Best of luck,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool dryer won't turn on [ 8 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool dryer that is 22 mo. Old. I just moved into a house with an upstairs laundry room. It was working fine and then it stopped working, all of a sudden. The light comes on, and I have already tested the door closer, that's not it. We've cleaned out the lint vent and have checked...

My whirlpool dryer will not turn [ 1 Answers ]

My whirlpool dryer will not turn model lc6099xsw1

Whirlpool dryer will not turn on [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have Whirlpool gas dryer with front load and it will not turn on. It is not in warranty period. I checked the circuit breaker it is working and also checked that the dryer is getting electricity. But it is not turning on can somebody please help

Whirlpool dryer will not turn on [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We have a Whirlpool Dryer, selecting normal time to dry the start button does not start the dryer. Its about 8 years old always work great. Checked the fuse panel and have removed the controls off the front of the dryer and no sign of burn electronics. Is there a reset or internal fuse...

View more questions Search