Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kcee122 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2006, 04:24 PM
    Growth under arm
    I had atiny growth under my arms, may be an extension of breast glands. At aboyt 18 years they were of the size of a grape, now at age 52 they are as large as a lemon and bothersome. They do not hurt but I can not wear sleeveless dresses, the bra strap pinches and it uncomfortable.
    What is this condition? Who shoud I see? Is it quick and safe to remove them? Can some one help?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2006, 04:49 PM
    You need to see a gynocologist about this. Have you had a mamo recently?
    dbek Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Nov 17, 2006, 11:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kcee122
    I had atiny growth under my arms, may be an extension of breast glands. At aboyt 18 years they were of the size of a grape, now at age 52 they are as large as a lemon and bothersome. They do not hurt but I can not wear sleeveless dresses, the bra strap pinches and it uncomfortable.
    What is this condition? Who shoud I see? Is it quick and safe to remove them? Can some one help?
    Don't mess around with it, get yourself to the doctor. It's better to be safe than sorry. There maybe nothing to it or it maybe a cyst or something more dramatic. It that is the case than the sooner they take care of it, is better.
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Nov 18, 2006, 11:17 AM
    I'm not sure if this is what you have but a person can be born with accessory breasts anywhere along the so-called 'mammary lines' that extend along either side of the chest and abdomen (think about where other mammals - like cats and dogs - have nipples / breasts and you could have them there too). They may be rudimentary and non-functional - or they can be well developed and functional. Just like 'regular' breasts, these accessory breasts can enlarge with puberty and pregnancy and have the potential to develop breast diseases INCLUDING CANCER!! You need to see a doctor without delay and have your breasts - and those areas of concern - evaluated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

? Spots on arm [ 1 Answers ]

Ever since childhood I have had small spots on my upper arms, which produce a hard white substance when pressure is applied. I have tried every possible 'cure', including drinking lots of water, exfoliating daily, not moisturising, different kinds of moisturiser... I have been told in the past...

Flapper arm [ 19 Answers ]

It seems like the flapper arm is sticking up but I can't figure out why. Also I notice my toilet is flushing twice, what to do about that. Thanks a lot guys

Lump under my arm [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lump under my arm, but it seems to be in the muscle rather than the gland. Anyone had this problem?

Lump under arm [ 1 Answers ]

Under my arm I have a growth... about the size of a golf ball a bit larger... went to clinic and got mamogram but didn't show so its just under my arm they didn't suggest any kind of dr. or referral of any kind... maybe not having ins. Didn't help with their volunteering info... also I noticed the...

Pain in the arm... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to ask that my dad got a pain in his arm from 3 weeks he have seen many doctors but can't get any relief plzz help.. doctorz says that this is a muscle pain.. they gave some gel for agaist pain but there no improvement in the pain its same as it was on first day.. can any body...

View more questions Search