Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rschroed Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2006, 02:55 PM
    Prism3d.exe encountered an error
    I am trying to run a copy of 18 wheels of steel - convoy and get this error. I read all the other posts regarding this message and have pretty much come to the realization that my asssumption that even though it requires a pentium 4, my pentium 3 would work but maybe a bit slower. I've done all the graphic updates etc. etc. but still get the error. In the prism3d.crash file (appropriately named) it has a exception code c0000005 access violation. Unfortunately I can't find a good explanation of this code. I still have a tech request to the gaming company but don't expect much info from them. Any last suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

Rhonda
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 18, 2006, 04:39 PM
    Please refer to This Thread

Nov 20, 2006, 09:07 AM
    Thanks but I already had found all these posts. I guess my question was really regarding the pentium 3 vs. 4. My thoughts were just that the 3 would function simply at a lower speed not actually crash. Any thoughts on this?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 20, 2006, 09:13 AM
    Here are the MINIMUM specs for the game:
    System Requirements:
    Minimum:
    • Windows® 98/ME/XP CD
    • Pentium® III 800MHz or faster
    • 256 MB RAM
    • DirectX 8.1
    • 32 MB 3D Video Card with
    T&L and DirectX 8.1 compliant
    video drivers
    • DirectX 8.1 compatible
    sound card
    • 200 MB Free hard drive space
    • 4X CD-ROM drive
    • Mouse
    • Keyboard
    As long as your machine beats these it should run fine.
    Anything less and it either won't run or will be extremely slow.

Nov 20, 2006, 10:09 AM
    That is different from the game box. It require p4, 1.2ghz, directx 9.0, 256 ram, 32mb 3d video, 500mb h/d and 4x cd rom.

If it matched your listed specs, I would be sailing. I match everything except the p4 which I thought would only impact speed.
    kylem18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 12:07 PM
    I installed 18 wheels of steel haulin' and after I install the game I get the error message
    Prism3d.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Does any one know anything about this error.

Thanks

-kyle

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prism3d.exe error [ 7 Answers ]

My kids purchase Unlimited Hunting 3 for my birthday, and when I try to run it it comes up with this error, please advise

Winlogon.exe has encountered an error and needed to close [ 3 Answers ]

Whenever a I try to scan with skybot (current version) this error comes up: Winlogon.exe could not read the memory at... (some numbers) Click OK to terminate the program. Click Cancel to debug the program. No matter if I debug or terminate the program, the error comes up again. I Have to...

Prism3d.exe [ 1 Answers ]

I am very disappointed that there has been no good answer in solving the prism3d.exe problem. It happens every time when starting Hunting Unlimited 3. What and where are the drivers to be installed? Where can they be found? What is the company's phone number for Hunting Unlimited 3? I would like to...

Dwwin.exe error on shut down [ 2 Answers ]

I keep receiving an error when I try to log off... the error says it's in dwwin.exe can anyone tell me what's going on?

Explorer.exe-Application Error [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Dell Dimension E510 w/Windows XP. I recently converted from Norton Antivirus to SpySweeper and then I've been try to use the Microsoft Defender II antivirus program to protect my computer. Somewhere in the transition I got several infections and now I get an application error...

View more questions Search