Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2010, 09:21 AM
    Cigarette lighter/12v plugin
    I have a Ford KA style 03 reg

My cigarette lighter stopped working a while ago and I was wondering if there would be anything I could do to check/fix it, I've had the suggestion of replacing the fuses, and seeing if this fixes it.

Is there anything else I could do?
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2010, 09:28 AM

If fuse is good, I'd buy a replacement lighter, the heat filament burns out with heavy use. Good luck
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2010, 09:36 AM

I didn't know you could get a replacement lighter,

It stopped working after my battery died/while it was dying and I was having to constantly jump start my car to get home.

So does this sound more likely to be a fuse problem?

I hardly use to use the cigarette lighter, on for my sat nav for long journeys where I didn't know where I was going.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2010, 09:41 AM

So, it won't power up the nav system, or the cig lighter? Then it's probably not the lighter itself. Did you check the fuse with a volt/ ohm meter? Or just look at it? Just change the fuse with one of the same size and see what happens. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cigarette lighter removal in ford focus [ 1 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to remove a cigarette lighter in a 2005 ford focus?

Honda accord cigarette lighter [ 1 Answers ]

Can any one give me step by step directions on how to change the cigarette lighter in my 1994 Honda Accord dx automatic.

1997 Honda Accord Cigarette Lighter woes [ 0 Answers ]

Ok - a cigarette lighter replacement I should be able to handle, right? Maybe not. I cannot seem to get "behind" the plastic shroud to gain access to the guts of the cigarette lighter housing. Can someone give me instructions or a "guide" or a "drawing" which shows how to get to it? The replacement...

'91 Honda Civic - Cigarette Lighter Install? [ 0 Answers ]

I need to install a cigarette lighter in my '91 Civic. I would like to solicit advice from someone knowledgeable in this area on how to do this myself. I can't imagine it's too difficult. Please give details (e.g. Wires, terminators to look for. Thank you. John

View more questions Search