Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2010, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
    It would actually be easier for you to come up with a clip where she DIDN'T say that sort of cr@p. She is an imbecile, and an embarrassment to the Republican Party.
    It would be easier for you, but since you made the claim the burden is on you to substantiate it.

Those of us who have real understanding of the political system know that Palin and Beck are in fact isolating the middle ground. FEMA deathcamps indeed.
    Oh, so you're one of those really, really smart people. What do FEMA death camps have to do with Palin?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2010, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    It would be easier for you, but since you made the claim the burden is on you to substantiate it.
    Hello again, Steve:

What? That she's an imbecile? Can I take a crack at it?

In the Glenn Beck interview, Beck asked Palin if she'd heard about the Federal Reserve's record profits for last year, and then bemoaned that "nobody's having hearings on the Fed, nobody is looking for a windfall profit tax on the Fed, we can't even open the Fed's books."

Palin responded by thanking Beck for "bringing this to light," adding: "I don't know anybody else who is."

There's a very simple reason why no one else is talking about taxing the Fed's profits or having hearings or even discussing this, because people who know what they're talking about already know that 100 percent of the Fed's profits go to the Treasury. Every single cent.

It's not OK that she doesn't know these things.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2010, 07:17 AM
    Here is what she said about the Fed in her Hong Kong address.

How can we discuss reform without addressing the government policies at the root of the problems? The root of the collapse? And how can we think that setting up the Fed as the monitor of systemic risk in the financial sector will result in meaningful reform?”...“The words 'fox' and 'henhouse' come to mind.... The Fed's decisions helped create the bubble. Look at the root cause of most asset bubbles, and you'll see the Fed somewhere in the background.”.

If I didn't know better I would swear that was Ron Paul making those comments.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2010, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

What? That she's an imbecile?? Can I take a crack at it??

Palin responded by thanking Beck for "bringing this to light," adding: "I don't know anybody else who is."

It's not ok that she doesn't know these things.

excon
    It's a case of dumb and dumber and it is a race to find out which is which.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jan 18, 2010, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
    I was acually hoping that this would provoke discussion. Bear in mind that the word "provoke" is also quite controversial, and has provoked more than one communist uprising.

Here's an idea. Why don't you try reading a book that wasn't written by Glenn Beck or Tom Clancy. In truth, most of the "proletariat" are Republican, because they are philistines.
    According to YOU, who are the "bourgoise" and "proletariat"?

Maybe you should try reading something by G. Washington, T. Jefferson, J, Adams, et al.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jan 18, 2010, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell View Post
    Tells us nothing that isn't bleeding obvious but still relevant. Outside the US, Fox is viewed as a laughing stock. But unfortunately it seems that a lot of you can't see it for what it is.

Fox News Channel | Sarah Palin | Barack Obama
    Maybe you can tell us why Fox News is destroying the competition if it is so far off base.

The public is deserting the so called "main stream" media because the leftward list is so apparent, and they can't be trusted to tell the truth.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2010, 06:07 PM

I think its ratings have more to do with its audience than its substance.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 18, 2010, 07:22 PM
    And how does it acquire its growing audience, oh media guru?
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 04:16 AM
    Fox News averaged 2.25 million total viewers in prime time for the third quarter, up 2% over the previous year. That's more than CNN (946,000, down 30%) and MSNBC (788,000, down 10%) combined.
    "The O'Reilly Factor" led all cable news programs with an average of 3.295 million total viewers for the quarter, up 12% over the previous year. "Hannity" (2.603 million, up 9%), "Glenn Beck" (2.403 million, up 89%), "On the Record with Greta van Susteren" (2.150 million, up 16%), and "Special Report with Bret Baier" (1.997 million, up 20%) rounded out the top five.
    Meanwhile, flagship programs at MSNBC and CNN did not sustain their growth from 3Q 2008: At MSNBC, "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" averaged 1.087 million total viewers, down 12% from the previous year and "The Rachel Maddow Show" averaged 996,000 total viewers (Maddow began the program in September 2008, so a comparison for the quarter would be inaccurate; compared to September 2008, though, Maddow's September 2009 total viewer average is down 40%). At CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" averaged 1.005 million viewers, down 17% from the previous year and "Lou Dobbs" averaged 658,000 total viewers, down 24%. Larry King and Campbell Brown were both down just slightly in total viewers.
    CNN in particular had a rough quarter in the primetime Adults 25-54 demo: the network dropped 39% compared to 3Q 2008, averaging 287,000 viewers.
    Fox News Dominates 3Q 2009 Cable News Ratings

Clearly the dominance of FOX News channel over all it's competitors has more than a so called fringe group of rabid rightwingers watching.
    And Fox would not have picked Palin as a commentator if she was without substance. If ratings suffer because she brings nothing to the table I am sure that she will not have this gig for long.
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2010, 05:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    And Fox would not have picked Palin as a commentator if she was without substance. If ratings suffer because she brings nothing to the table I am sure that she will not have this gig for long.
    Hello tom:

Substance does NOT equal ratings, as the stats you point out show. Oh, it's substance for the empty headed masses, but it AIN'T substance for anybody who got beyond the 5th grade.

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2010, 05:16 AM
    That Myley Cyrus is incredibly popular isn't she? She must have an important message for the masses.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 05:31 AM
    So Fox just sucked all the dumb right-wing viewers from CNN & MSNBC? What exactly are you implying here Skell?
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    That Myley Cyrus is incredibly popular isn't she? She must have an important message for the masses.
    Hey, I like Miley AND Billy Ray. He's a good guy. You know why she's popular (I mean besides the fact that she appeals to 11 year olds)? So far she's kept her nose pretty clean, and parents would rather their children be fans of someone besides the Britney Spears' and Lindsey Lohans of the world.
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2010, 05:47 AM
    Hey, I like Miley AND Billy Ray. He's a good guy. You know why she's popular (I mean besides the fact that she appeals to 11 year olds)? So far she's kept her nose pretty clean, and parents would rather their children be fans of someone besides the Britney Spears' and Lindsey Lohans of the world.
    The Nazi Party was also the most popular party based on the same divisive policy and fear mongering that Fox News does.

BTW your avatar is a little creepy.
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2010, 05:52 AM

Hello again, Steve:

It's not about substance or not. It's about the CONVERSATION, as I alluded to in my other post...

Just now on Joe Scarborough, the Governor of Mass was asked whether the people understand the health care bill. He said, "well, it's complicated, as you know...."

TODAY is a little late to be thinking about HOW you're going explain this measure, even to people who have MORE than a 5th grade education. Consequently, the dems shot themselves in the foot.

The Republicans explained it in SIMPLE terms, like death panel, that people can understand... The bill will go up or down, NOT based upon its merits, but because of the CONVERSATION about it.

FOX won the conversation... But, don't think for a minute, that it has ANYTHING to do with substance.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 05:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    The Nazi Party was also the most popular party based on the same divisive policy and fear mongering that Fox News does.
    What does that have to do with Miley Cyrus? At least FNC isn't calling for cheating against "these bastards" in elections.

BTW your avatar is a little creepy.
    Funny, but I never found her creepy at all.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 06:02 AM

Hello tom:

Substance does NOT equal ratings, as the stats you point out show. Oh, it's substance for the empty headed masses, but it AIN'T substance for anybody who got beyond the 5th grade.
    Yeah your probably right. The masses were sold a bill of goods last November and ate it up .
    When I see Cyrus running a State I'll get your point.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    It's not about substance or not. It's about the CONVERSATION, as I alluded to in my other post...
    Obama promised transparency, again and again and again. That was a big part of the CONVERSATION. So far he's been more transparent on telling the world what the US has done to suspected terrorists than he has on health care negotiations.

The CONVERSATION from the media and Dems in high places was "teabaggers" were Nazis, racist bigots, domestic terrorists and all other manner of vile beings.

If you want to continue discussing the conversation I'm game.
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2010, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    When I see Cyrus running a State I'll get your point.
    I know you missed the point. :-)
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2010, 06:15 AM
    The CONVERSATION from the media and Dems in high places was "teabaggers" were Nazis,
    The teabaggers were the ones carrying the signs accusing the other side of being nazis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Watching fox news - oreilly - on internet [ 3 Answers ]

How do you watch Fox news like Bill O'Reilly on the internet? John Stewart is easy, but I can't figure out if it is possible with O'Reilly. If I get this figured out I may just pay for internet and go with TV antenna. Good-bye cable bill. Thank you, Cheers, Jim

FOx News to blame for cop killings.or something like that [ 8 Answers ]

And some of you guys think we're nuts for discussing a little media bias... Let that be the end of the caterwauling over legitimate criticism of the media. OK? Or do you agree with the Kos nutroots (and of course those in the present administration that spoke at their convention)? Now you...

Ah Fox News, you never cease to amaze [ 9 Answers ]

Show of hands in PA diner yields one vote for McCain, nearly unanimous support for Obama, FOX Brian Wilson calls it "split." KTkqosRiyYo

Employees Expose FOX NEWS [ 12 Answers ]

So, you think Fox News is ‘Fair and Balanced’? :) YouTube - Employees Expose FOX NEWS Distortions

Employees Expose FOX NEWS [ 2 Answers ]

YouTube - Employees Expose FOX NEWS Distortions Does anyone still believe this is a news network?

View more questions Search