Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    craig06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2006, 12:24 PM
    Wiring a 5o amp disconnect circuit for a piece of cooking equipment
    I concerned about the cost of running #6 wire/ for a 3ph 50 amp disconnect. I know wire cost has increased substantially within last year or so. What should I expect as a cost for a job of this type-5-6 hours---30-40 feet run?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2006, 02:40 PM
    Based on the information provided, the best I can estimate is $500.00 to $1000.00. I could get closer to an more accurate estimate if I knew what type of wire, copper or aluminum, what type of raceway, EMT, MC cable, Romex, Is the disconnect fused or non-fused, 250 volt or 600 volt.

What area of the country are you in?

My point is there are many variables to electrical work, many choices available for types of materials. And the more detail given to provide the scope of work will result in a better more accurate estimate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

20 AMP Circuit with 15 AMP Receptical, is this OK, and in code? [ 5 Answers ]

This is sort of similar to the other thread, but my problem is the house I bought is wired with 12, all the breakers are 20AMP except for the 30AMP for the AC and Dryer. When me and my dad were changing the power recepticals, which were 15 amp, someone told us that we should have 20 recepticals, or...

Need help with 200 amp disconnect [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of re-wiring my house. My load center used to be located on the outside of my house. I have now moved the load center (200 amp sq d qo panal) to the inside, and am looking to place a 200 amp disconnect next to the meter pan. I was told I needed to get 2 awg 3 cond with ground to...

Bang & Olufsen Equipment [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 1972 BEOMASTER 1200 and BEOGRAM 1500 turntable, i.n.o.r. Is anyone interested in these items as a collector ?

200 Amp Outside Service Disconnect [ 5 Answers ]

I NEED TO KNOW IF A "200 AMP OUTSIDE SERVICE DISCONNECT" IS THE SAME THING AS A "200 AMP OUTSIDE MAIN BREAKER OR LOAD CENTER"? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! HOME DEPOT WAS USELESS.:confused:

Wiring a switch and GFCI circuit [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the process of wiring my bathroom. The lighting and fan circuit has one fan, one overhead light and one vanity light. I was wanting to use a NuTone single space / 3 switch unit for all three. Wiring that is all very straight forward but the fan requires a GFCI circuit to make it OK for over...

View more questions Search