Ask
    frankjdl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 10:14 PM
    Shipping a rifle
    How do I legally ship a rifle from Florida to my son in California
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 12, 2010, 08:00 AM

Contact the USPS and simply ask them. Or, if you wish, contact a non-governmental carrier such as FedEx or UPS. For example, here are some of the UPS rules:

UPS accepts packages containing firearms, as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code, for transportation from and between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors, as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code, law enforcement agencies of the United States (or of any department or agency of the United States) and law enforcement agencies of any state or department agency (or political subdivision of any state), and from and between persons not otherwise prohibited from shipping firearms by federal, state or local law and when such shipment complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient and package.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Owning a rifle [ 2 Answers ]

I want to own a rifle again but I have two 1st degree misdemeanor, a resisting arrest and a corruption of minor, both in adams county pa, will that hold me back when applying?

Date of antique rifle [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to date a very old rifle. I could not find a serial number. The wooden stock appears to be hand carved. The only words printed on the metal are: Guyandot ( a place in West Virgina) Emmon HDWE CO. Huntington W VA ANy information at all would be appreciated!

Rifle Dating [ 1 Answers ]

How do I date a winchester rifle for verifacation of age

Date a rifle [ 5 Answers ]

A number of years ago, I was given a rifle that belonged to my grandfather. It is a Winchester Model 67-22 Short. These particular models do not have serial numbers so dating them is difficult. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with these rifles and could give me some pointers on how to...

View more questions Search