Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Veena1 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 01:48 PM
    Book Keeping Certification
    I'm planning to do book keeping certification. Can any body let me know which is best either American Institute of Professional booke keeping or National Association of Certified book keeping?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2010, 06:11 PM

I used to be a member of AIPB and didn't even know they did certifications. Is that useful? LOL.

(Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

Do you know how much it will cost to take one of those?

Are you familiar with what is on those tests? I once did a beta test of one of those and I freaked over what was on it, like stuff a bookkeeper shouldn't really even have to know (things that should be left to the accountant), and stuff that was more advanced level accounting stuff that I almost didn't even remember myself (and that you'd likely never see on a job). I took advantage of it being a beta to make lots and lots of comments on what I thought of it.
    Veena1 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 07:15 AM

Morgaine

Do you know any other websites or suggestions where I can do book keeping certification?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2010, 08:42 PM

The beta test I did was at a place called Brainbench, but I don't think that's any professionally recognized place. It might help on a resume from the point of view that a good chunk of people doing hiring aren't going to know the difference. But again, it's a pretty hard test, and I suspect those places you mentioned are difficult as well.

I don't really know very much about it. I was a member of the one place a long time ago, but that was before they even had a website and I was just getting their newsletter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

W-9 certification [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am on H1-B and resident alien. I want to exercise the stock options awarded to me by my company. But before I sell, I have been asked to submit W-9. Am I subject to backup withholding? I wasn't sure if I could certify W-9 that I am not subject to 28% backup withholding. Is backup...

Certification course ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Friends, I am working in a Networking tech support sector. I completed my ccna recently. Further my plan is to complete CCNProuting. But one of my friend is advising to do CCIE (Routing & Switching ) which itself covers the topics from CCNP in depth. Will it works..

Is diamond certification necessary/which certification is best? [ 5 Answers ]

I’ve been researching diamonds for engagement rings, and I keep seeing different certifications. What certifications should I be looking for, and what are the advantages of buying a certified diamond?

NATE Certification [ 4 Answers ]

Are there sample questions you can down load for NATE certification?

View more questions Search