Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moemusic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2006, 09:45 AM
    Cant delete file
    'I was having problems playing songs on Musicmatch Jukebox, from one of the cds I ripped to My Music. I tried to delete the artist's folder but it won't let me (cannot delete file: cannot read from the source file or disk). I opened this folder and saw two folders with the name of the album on them. I was able to delete one, but when I tried to delete the other I got the same error message as before. Anyone know what's going on here?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2006, 06:22 AM
    It sounds like a program has this file locked so you are unable to delete it. Close down all open programs that might be using this file and then try to delete it. It might also be worth doing a restart in case there is some background process locking it.
    moemusic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 01:12 PM
    Done many re boots, each time try to delete with no luck, even deleted it from musicmatch library still there very stubborn :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't delete .dll file [ 5 Answers ]

I downloaded Thunderbird 1.6.0 after much delays and restarts. Tried to install it But got a 'pop-up' from 7-ZIP "Unspecified error." I don't use 7-ZIP but it is on my machine. Tried to delete it but was denied as "it was in use." I nibbled at the files, deleting each segment one by one. Got it...

How to delete the core40.dll file [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone , I installed developer 2000 and now I need to uninstall it . I manually deleted all the files in the bin. But a few dll files are still there.. like core40.dll file... so how do you remove them ? It says... " disk is write protected ."

If I file 1040NR, do I file state as nonresident? [ 1 Answers ]

The title says it all-I worked in several states but I am foreigner. Does that mean that I file state taxes as non-resident as well?

Delete file from My Music [ 7 Answers ]

Any Expert, I got a problem to delete a file from My Music folder. It is a AVI video file about 192MB size. I think I accidentally downloaded it to My Music folder a couple months ago. But when I tried to delete it, it always gives the error dialog that like "cannot delete: It is being used by...

View more questions Search