Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jr1438 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 10:52 AM
    Goodman cpl t30-1a heat pump, heat not working/no compressor or fan operation
    The thermostat is operating/clicks on when desired temperature is more that the actual, but no action at the compressor or fan. We even switch thermostats from other unit in house and both operate the other unit correctly.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 11, 2010, 10:55 AM
    We even switch thermostats from other unit in house and both operate the other unit correctly.
    ??
    Very confusing post. Does the other thermostat run the broken unit OK or NOT?

Check the fuses/circuit breakers inside and outside on the unit that is not functional.

Jan 11, 2010, 11:02 AM

Neither thermostat operates the broken unit, they both operate the good unit correctly. The circuit breaker was tripped and now unit is operating. Will monitor to see if trips again. Thanks for the tip, sorry for the confusion.

Jan 11, 2010, 11:12 AM
    No problem glad the unit is running but keep an eye on it.

Jan 11, 2010, 12:07 PM
    Unfortunately, it tripped the breaker after running for 8-10 min. 3 different cycles with re-setting and shutting off each time. Any suggestions?

Jan 11, 2010, 01:18 PM
    I believe it is time to call for on site service. I do have ideas of the possible problems but you are not a trained HVAC service person with the tools and experience to go with them. When a circuit breaker trips it usually means there is a short in the wiring or a compressor or component of the system that has failed or is failing. If you feel up to it you can make sure the power to the outside unit is off and open the electrical inspection panel and check for burnt or damaged wires. If you find any make the correct repair and try to run it again. I am not saying this is the only problem but it is something you can look at and possibly fix.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman heat pump not working properly [ 5 Answers ]

I built a new house 6 months ago and had a co-worker/friend (20ys hvac experience) install my hvac. A goodman GPH15 packaged heat pump 3.5 ton with a honeywell th8320 thermostat. The air worked great in the summer but the heat is not working properly. He has been out many times trying to solve...

Goodman Heat Pump freezes up when fan doesn't come on in Auto mode [ 2 Answers ]

Goodman, Model AW3682-08C (I think... it's hard to read... original install 10 yrs). New coil, new thermostat. Everything just fine until recently, the inside blower intermittently fails to turn on when set to Auto, then coil ices. If I run the unit with fan in "ON" position, cooling seems to...

Heat strip not working on my goodman heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

Heat strip not working on my goodman heat pump

Goodman Heat Pump compressor keeps running [ 1 Answers ]

In Heat mode, compressor outside continues to run even when the blower inside is not running. If I switch the thermostat switch from Heat to off, the compressor stops but sometimes kicks back on, even with the thermostat switch still in the off position. At this point, I have to cut power via the...

Heat Pump compressor fan problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 1000 heat pump manuf. In 2002. Yesterday, the A/C started having a problem, I checked the units inside and out and found the compressor fan not operating. The outside unit was hot and louder than usual. I turned it off overnight and this morning turned it on to find the fan...

View more questions Search