Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tam4982 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 10:08 PM
    Why is my heating return duct blowing cold air
    I have hot air central heat and the return duct is blowing out cold air and at the same time sucking in the room air
    donotaskme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 12:48 AM

Hey tam.

This is an issue that is not normal, unfortunately.

It sounds like your blower is running the wrong way (reverse).
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 11, 2010, 12:53 AM
    If you have any of the registers closed in your home that can cause a problem with air flow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold Air Duct Return Blows Instead of Sucks [ 16 Answers ]

HI, I need your help. I have purchased a home that has a new Hi-Effency forced air furnace. The house has a 2 1/2 ft crawl space - no basement. The heating and return ducts are below under the floor boards of the house in the crawl space. The crawl space is insulated as are the ducts. My...

Heating unit blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know why my unit is blowing cold air when it is set on HEAT?:confused:

Furnace Heating : Cold air blowing from vent from one level/ Warm air in the other [ 1 Answers ]

Ours is a 2 level house (1995), both levels heated by the same furnace ( YORK Multiposition Gas-Fired Furnace MODEL P2MP 32-112 MBH OUTPUT) . We have two digital thermostats (Hunter Programmable type) located on each floor. We were out for a few days and when we came back the lower level is getting...

My furnace/heating. It's blowing cold air! [ 2 Answers ]

URGENT! Please help... my furnace started blowing nothing but cold air yesterday. I tried locating the filter but couldn't find it anywhere. If you can help me please respond!

Cold return air duct [ 2 Answers ]

Because the egress windows from the basement will not be large enough for the fresh air requirement, I have to install a ventilation return duct from outside. How do I go about doing this? My local Lowe's only appeared to have exhausts, but no intakes. It also needs to be 6", so I can't modify a...

View more questions Search