Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frustrated woma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 11:24 AM
    Divorce statute of limitations in ontario
    My fiancee's been divirced for 5 years and now his ex wife wants ac opy of his life insurance policy naming his kids as the revocable benificary, does she have the rights to it if his sister is the benificary?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 10, 2010, 11:29 AM

If he was ordered to provide this in the original court order, yes she would be in the right to be sure he has followed the court order,

1. was there an original order to provide this, ( it is common)

2. if there was, does he have the policy, if he does not, he can be taken back to court and if he does not provide it, be found in contempt of the court order
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 10, 2010, 02:34 PM

As pointed out, it depends on the divorce order. If he was ordered to make the children beneficiary, then she has a right to see it. If there is nothing ordered that he provide for the children using life insurance and he has changed the beneficiary, then just tell her he's changed the beneficiary.

This has nothing to do with statute of limitations. It's a matter of the divirce decree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ontario Statute of Limitations [ 5 Answers ]

This claim is in ONTARIO, CANADA A company made an unauthorized charge my credit card for $4791.38 around June, 2001. We made the last payment to the credit card company to pay for the other purchases (less the amount the company charged, which we disputed) within 30 days. The Credit card...

Ontario Statute of Limitations [ 3 Answers ]

The statute of limitations does not apply to bench warrants. A bench warrant remains in effect until it is executed (i.e. you are arrested, or surrender yourself to the court), or heaven forbid, you die. In either case it holds true, and will not just simply "go away." I would contact a criminal...

Statute of Limitations Ontario [ 2 Answers ]

I have a credit card that I have stopped paying two years ago. But I was not in Ontario during the last two years. Does the SOL apply to my situation or does the SOL start over again when I return to Ontario,Canada. Please advise. The credit card is old but the payments were stopped in 2005. ...

Statute of limitations ontario [ 1 Answers ]

I have a debt that is 15 years old they are now trying to collect what can I do

New vs. Old Statute of Limitations in Ontario [ 1 Answers ]

If a credit card issued in the 1990's goes into arrears sometime after Jan 1/04, does the new SOL or the old SOL in Ontario apply? For further clarification, as of Jan 1/04, there was debt owing on the card but it was not in arrears at that time. Thanks!

View more questions Search