Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Metalhead11592 Posts: 157, Reputation: 11

Jan 10, 2010, 10:56 AM
    Bowling Ball brand
    Can someone tell me a relatively good quality bowling ball that's not too exspensive, Maybe a ball that has a decent hook.
    Thank you guys,
    ~Metal
    darthsinister Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 03:21 PM

The Storm 'Tropical Storm' or the Columbia 'Scout' are decent balls.
    Metalhead11592 Posts: 157, Reputation: 11

Feb 9, 2010, 08:07 AM
    How to get more hook with my new Ball
    I had the ball drilled offcentered I knew that would help but it still hooks either far too sharp or too late. I sometimes end up hitting the other pocket. Yesterday I bowled a 168 a 193 and a 156. To me the numbers aren't consistent enough, anyone got tips on how to get a more consistent game other than practice? ( I have been practicing but I'm thinking maybe its my approach or how I'm holding the ball when I deliver it).
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2010, 02:35 AM

The amount of hook is relative to alley conditions and ball surface cover.

The arrows on the alley are used for spotting your ball on delivery. Most bowlers use the 2 arrow from right gutter(for righthanders) as a starting point.

If ball hooks to high,move starting position to left but still try to hit the 2nd arrow.

If u want more info get back to me

Good bowling

Chuck
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2010, 02:39 AM

The amount of hook is controlled by the way the ball is drilled and your hand position on release. Also by the cover stock of ball.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scoring in bowling [ 7 Answers ]

Now while a perfect game is 300 is it possible to score everything from 0-300?

Bowling game [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.. im 77 years old.. been bowling for many years.. ive developed arthritus in my knuckles near the ends of my fingers... I went down to an 11 lb ball... that helped... the lanes around here are pretty dry... I tried a conventional grip.. didnt help... then I tried a plane urethane ball.. wouldnt...

I got base ball and foot ball trying to fine out how much [ 1 Answers ]

Oj simpson 1975 card Two pete rose cards Will mays baseball gold card 1964 Michael jordan rookie baseball card

Bowling and Bacci Ball [ 1 Answers ]

Are these sports related? Does anyone know enough about both sports to explain the similarities/differences?

Many Games of Bowling [ 1 Answers ]

Some years back, while in Germany, I witnessed different games of bowling. Can anyone explain some of these different games?

View more questions Search