Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AlwaysAsk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 02:06 AM
    What to do if computer shutdown due to thermal heating
    Hi, am sara,my computer shutsdown automatically, when I reboot it a siren kind sound comes from cpu and the BIOS display shows the system shutdown due to thermal heating. I checked the working of fan, its fine. I do not know what to do. How do I rectify it.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2010, 08:50 AM

If you are knowledgeable at computers you could go out and buy Thermal Paste, which goes on the CPU right below the main motherboard fan
    Xapafe Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Jan 11, 2010, 12:28 PM
    The first and cheapest step would be to open it up and clean out any dust clumps you can see.
    Make sure the fan on the cpu ( should in near the middle of your motherboard) is cleaned as well.

Now try to use it.
    If it still does this have someone you know that handles computers apply a new layer of thermal paste to your cpu.

The first step should solve your problem if its full of dust.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PC randomly shut down due to thermal problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, My PC will randonly shut down once in a while since few months ago. Recently the situation getting serious. The PC shut down not less than 5 times in 3 days. The PC just shut down without any warning and when I boots it again, the cpu will make some "siren-like" noise for few seconds....

Computer Shutdown and starts it self [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, A friend of mine's computer shutdown and starts itself on right away after he's turn it on for an hour or so. I don't have much information about his computer, does he need to reformat it, could it be because of overheating(which I think is not the case) or something wrong with power...

Computer shutdown due to thermal heating [ 6 Answers ]

Hi This is kushal here my computer has always been hanged after 15 minutes-20 minutes at ordinary room temperature and my computer is not able to restart using the restart button and turn off button are not working .I have to close my smps power switch and on it again for every hangout and when I...

Computer Shutdown Issue [ 2 Answers ]

I keep getting the following error message when I shutdown my computer: dwwin.exe - DLL initialization failed Can anyone help me resolve this?

MY computer keeps on shutdown by it self [ 3 Answers ]

My computer for some reason is shutting down by its self. I don't know why, I tried to scan for virus nothing big comes up, McAfee found no Virus and this problem has still countinued. Sometimes I have lost few really important documents that I might have been typing, and the computer will shut off...

View more questions Search