Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tushars Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2006, 12:22 AM
    User name and password under windows registry
    Where windows xp stores user name and password under windows registry?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 17, 2006, 07:28 AM
    Why do you ask?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2006, 06:07 AM
    Also I don't think it's just stored in the registry like that. It would be a HUGE security risk. For one it would be encoded with a industry standard encryption algorithm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

User name and password [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, When ever I used to join this forum, I would automatically join without having to type password or user name, I do this each time now and I don't know why it is as if I am not really a member now. Can you please clarify this problem for me Thanx:confused:

Windows Registry error [ 3 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post and I am not very computer literate. I have been getting a lot of error messages so I decided to reinstall windows xp. This erased all my files and everything like I wanted it to. I have the internet back up and working now but I keep having a windows registry error. From...

Windows registry error [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my computer had problems with error popups and trojan popups all the time so I decided to reinstall windows and everything is fine now except I keep getting a windows registry error. I've done this one other time and the Comcast guy set up everything for me and I can't find out how to finish the...

Windows/Registry Error [ 8 Answers ]

I have gotten twice in the last month or so an error message (upon startup) to the effect: Windows had had a problem accessing the registry. It will fix the problem and restart. The only option I'm given is to click OK. Then it says it is restoring an old version of the registry. On restart, I...

Error message windows registry checker [ 6 Answers ]

Each time I switch the computer on I get a message: windows encountered an error accessing the system registry. Windows will restart and repair the system registry for you When I click on OK the system reboots and the same message comes up. I have done a full scan disk and everything there is OK,...

View more questions Search