Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizzard1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 01:08 AM
    My condenser fan is running while my heat is running. It's a heil 4-t gas pak 14yrsold
    The condenser fan on my 14 yr old heil 4-ton gas pak is running while the heat is on. I know its not supposed to but I'm not to sure where to start trouble shooting. My first instinct is the control board or the digital thermostat, (7 yrs old ) Can some one point me down the right path?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 10, 2010, 06:01 AM
    Exact model number of unit.

A good guess on my part is that the contactor/relay for the condenser fan motor is stuck on and need to be replaced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC condenser fan not running nor is cool air [ 9 Answers ]

My condenser fan stopped running and there is no cool air coming from the vents. I'm wondering now though, will the cool air stop flowing just because the fan is not running, or does this mean that the compressor has gone bad? The compressor still turns on fine (it seems a bit nosier now though)...

My Heil gas furnace blower keeps running [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Heil Gas Furnace and the blower keeps running all the time. The heat comes on when called to but once the temperature gets warm enough for the heat to turn off the fan keeps running. Once the heat turns off the fan blows cold air. The fan is on auto and I have cycled power several...

Condenser fan running backwards [ 3 Answers ]

No power problems. Condenser fan rotating wrong direction. Goodman unit. Orignal motor . No wires to switch as the orange, purple,yellow etc. is the motor bad or how can I switch the rotation? Thanks

Condenser fan stops running after awhile [ 9 Answers ]

I have central air and after the air has been on awhile, the condenser fan stops running. The outside unit is still on because it makes a bit of a racket, just no longer the fan. I don't know what is causing the noise, maybe vibrating, because as soon as I'm aware the fan isn't running, I shut it...

Condenser fan stopped running [ 2 Answers ]

I have a miller condenser unit, and it stopped running. I hear everything else trying to run, the coils are getting super hot after 2-3 minutes, and the fan will not start running. What could be wrong?

View more questions Search