Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teninchterry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2004, 05:44 PM
    Hot water in tub has no pressure
    The hot water faucet in my tub has lost pressure. It barely lets water through. My sink is fine. My faucet is two knobs mounted to the wall, the tub spicket, and an external hand-held shower head. The name on the knobs is Rockwell. The spicket was recently replaced.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2004, 09:00 PM
    Re: Hot water in tub has no pressure
    Chances are when the faucet was replaced, some crud was knocked loose and ended up blocking the hot water. Depending on what style it is, you may be able to pull the valve stem and get the blockage out. Removing the feed pipe may also give access to a plug. Just keep checking the hot water passages until you find the problem.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 31, 2004, 05:33 AM
    Re: Hot water in tub has no pressure
    Labman analyzed your problem corectly.  Let me carry it a step further and tell you how to open up the valve and flush out your supply lines. Turn off the water. You will then unscrew the screw securing the hot water knob and pull it off. Next unscrew the knured nut securing the cover plate and pull it off. You will be left with a stem coming out of a brass nut. This nut is called the bonnet packing nut. Unscrew the nut but leave it on the stem. Now put the knob back on temporally and back the stem and washer assemble out counter clockwise.  Check the seat for trash and with the valve body still open turn the water back on for a moment . Strong stream?  You are flushing out the hot water supply line and clearing the valve.  Replace the washer if worn and reassemble.  Good luck,  Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water tank height versus water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not a physicist so I need your help. I live in Mexico. We have a water tank sitting on the roof - there is no pressure pump. The water pressure in the house is very low. Is there a rule of thumb (for the common man) that will tell me how how much pressure increase will result from raising...

Increase Hot Water Pressure w/Water pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Would a Watts Premier Hot Water Recirculation Pump (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11026121&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=&s=1) (or any other brand name) help to increase hot water pressure if you install it directly to the hot water output pipe and then turn it on ONLY while taking a...

Low water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have a well and I am losing pressure off and on during the day. I have a water softener but it is not charging at the time of the low pressure. It occurs throughout the house not just one sink or bathroom. What could my problem be?

Water pressure/water softener? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a "waterfall" faucet in my tub (separate shower). I turned on the water to the tub the other day and it barely runs. Then tonight my daughter was running the tub faucet and I had no hot water pressure to the kitchen. This has never been a problem. I understand from reading that we may...

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

View more questions Search