Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Coiner106 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 06:38 PM
    Buffalo Nickel
    Howdy again everyone!

I have found a perfect condition, non-replica, readable Buffalo nickel! The ONLY thing I cannot read is the date.

Any good prices? It looks really old but is in great condition. :) Thanks. Bye.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2010, 06:45 PM

If you cannot read the date it is not in good condtion and is practically worthless except for the fact it is worth 5 cents. Had the nickel had any date at all it could possibly be worth something. But in that condition it, unfortunately, is not. Sorry.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2010, 10:33 PM

COINER106 #1 - TRY Using A MAG GLASS
    A strong one,some times you can bring it out that way
    #2- the bufflo nickles came out in 1913,through 1938;;you should find the mint mark on the reverse side{back}in the center at the bottom, between the (E) of the word five and the {C}of cents:: #3- Watch for a very obvious double die of 1916 date 1918D-8 over 7;; 1914-4 over 3;;1937 D 3 legged bufflo [NOTE -IT HAS THE right front leg missing the 1936D,had only 3 1/2 legs[right front leg
    missing 1/2 leg;; [FOR ME TO GIVE YOU THE VALUE ,I need to know a date and also the condition and grade of the coin; GO to the site I gave you on the pennys;; Have a great day and I hope that I have helped you some::GOD BLESS::F.B.E.
    Coiner106 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 08:24 AM

It has all four legs- I will go and look for a magnifying glass right now, and it has no visible mint mark- what is a mint mark, anyway?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2010, 10:41 AM

The mint mark is a tiny letter. Usually an S for Sacramento or an O for New Orleans or a D for Denver. The Philadelphia mint does not use any letters. The mint mark is found near the date of the coin on some coins or on the reverse of the coin.

Your nickel is just an ordinary nickel unfortunately. If you can't read the date you can't really sell it for any profit. Sorry.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 09:05 PM

COINER106 - every one of the US Government MINTS {Where coins are made} has a mint mark ;; most of the time the mint mark is real close to the date and some times on the back side in different places;; AS she posted above on the mint marks;; as of this date there are the following mintsand their mint mark;[ ( D )-DENVER COLO.}{( P ) IS
    Philiadelphia Penn;; in the older days there was no [P} on theirs,the coins had no mint mark; { S } mint mark was and still is ,for { SAN FRANSISCO CALIF<} { O } WAS NEW ORLEANS LA.} C.C was carson city[NO longer in operation; NEW ORLEANS ISN'T either::
    A new one ,been in operation just a few years is[W_( WEST POINT)I hope that you have your answers now if not just holler,Have a great day and GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American Buffalo [ 1 Answers ]

This weekend I went to see a play called American Buffalo Directed by Robert Falls, John Leguizamo, Cedric the Entertainer, and Haley Joel Osment star. I was so disappointed, not with the acting but the story line. I was never at a point where my interest level was high. Tell me what you...

Old style nickel cadium batteries [ 1 Answers ]

Im looking for information on 1900 era heavy duty nickel cadium batteries. What do the different color plates signify?

View more questions Search