Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Monty83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 10:13 PM
    Start a small business
    I'm working on staring a small business with a long time friend of mine, we are planing on re-opening an old comics and collectables shop in our hometown, the plus is we already have a good size client base the negative is we have no earthly idea what we are doing or even how to get the business of the ground, we know it will be a sucsess we just aren't sure how to get it there. Thank you for any input on this topic. Oh and would it be wise to change the name or keep the exsiting one that everyone already knows?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 17, 2006, 07:42 AM
    I would suggest contacting score.org and sba.gov. Both sites have excellent resources for the small business operator in how to setup a small business. SCORE especially, can help you develop a business plan and checklist.

As for keeping the name, brand recognition can be an important asset for a business. If you are purchasing the shop from the previous owner, make sure you have the right to use the name. If you are leasing the shop from the landlord, not the previous owner, you may not have that right.
    deepknights Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 03:26 PM
    Get in contact with other organizations such as business link,go on some net working days to help you look closely on business,talk to other people that you know that have their own business,try to sell it to them and ask for their feedback,make sure that you both have a good contract so you know your rolls, you don't want to be stepping on each others toes,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NSBA National Small Business Alliance [ 116 Answers ]

Attention all small business owners or individulas who are interested in establishing "Business Credit" donot become a member of NSBA located in California because National Small Business Alliance is a FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD. NSBA guarantees a credit limit of $8,000.00 Travel, Business Marketing,...

Virtual small business [ 2 Answers ]

I have established a website to develop my business works in the field of consulting. What is the best way to enter the market and introducing my work?

Want to start my own small business [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks, I want to start my own small business, something like an Internet Café but I don't know how to go about it. Thus, the items I would need, how much capital and all. I would be grateful if someone can help by telling me how go to about it.

Small Collectibles Business [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has started a small biasness, selling her collection of postcards, etc. on the web. Question - what entries do I need to make for the sale of an item in the journal (I am using MS Small Business Accounting Software). For example, she sells a postcard from her personal collection for...

Small Business Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

What Would I Need To File Business Bankruptcy And What Are The Consiquences

View more questions Search