Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diana1966 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 05:24 PM
    Maryland violation of probation time limits to file violation
    I was given 5 yrs of probation during which I violated the terms by not paying restituion as indicated . I could not pay for financial reasons and a violation was filed and I was found guilty. The judge sentenced me to 6 months jail and said that I would have only 6 months left after I got out to pay and it would be a civil matter at that point. 3 days after my probation ended they filed a violation again for the same period I already served time for. How is this possible w/o double jeopardy and after my probation was ended?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 06:07 PM
    They filed 3 days after your 6 months in jail ended, or after your post-jail probationary period ended? If you are saying that it was filed after the probationary period ended, it appears that they filed too late. Get yourself an attorney to be sure.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2010, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by diana1966 View Post
    How is this possible w/o double jeapardy and after my probation was ended?
    Hello diana:

Double jeopardy doesn't apply. But, the fact that you were off probation does... You're going to need some legal help to fight them, though.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Violation Time Limits [ 7 Answers ]

I need everyone's advice. I was on probation for three years in the state of Virginia for a DUI related incident from May 2002 to May 2005. I violated my probation, but my probation officer never found out as it occurred in another state. Virginia (DMV) has now found out about it. (in July...

First time violation of probation [ 6 Answers ]

My husband was arrested in Jan 08 for Gross fraud, a 3rd degree felony. When he was sentenced he could either do 6 months in county jail or 3 years probation. He did the 3 years probation. He was also sent to a Rehab program for 1 year, on a misdemeanor drug charge. That charge has been dropped and...

Is contributing to a minor a violation of probation in Maryland [ 1 Answers ]

On probation and rec'd a citation for contributing to the delinquency of a minor (19 year old friend had trace amount of alcohol in system). Is this considered a violation of probation?

Probation and parole violation Maryland [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancée is on parole and probation for a robbery a couple of years ago. They violated his probation and parole for a traffic violation of driving while revoked. We are waiting to go to court on that traffic violation. He has 6 months left on parole and is currently held on detainer pending a...

Maryland Violation of probation [ 2 Answers ]

OK in march of 2005 he was arrested for CDS: POSSESSION-MARIHUANA when he went to court in April of 2006 the judge gave him 1 year PBJ to be up in April of 2007. In May of 2006 he was arrested again for CDS MANUF/DISTRIBUTE then went to court for that in January 2007 where he received 3 years...

View more questions Search