Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oceanbluemomma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 03:46 PM
    Random urine smell in basement near ceilings
    We live outside Chicago and randomly we have had a very strong urine smell in the basement - in the air. It is intense for a few hours then disappears for days and comes back. Right now the smell is very strong and coming up the stairs into the kitchen. We do have a floor drain in the laundry room and it is clear with no smell. Our village said it maybe air in the drain. We have never had this issue in the 5 years we have lived here, what would cause this. We do have galvanized pipes. We do have pets - it is not that smell, this smells like old urine, like if the toilet hasn't been flushed in days smell.

Thanks for help,
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Jan 9, 2010, 09:01 PM

Your floor drains when was the last time they had water go down them. Maybe you could try pouring some bleach and let it set and see if it makes a difference or not. If not then move to the next idea. Rule one out at a time. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Random smell in new house [ 2 Answers ]

We're in a 5 month old new construction home. It's a split ranch with master on one side and 2 guest bedrooms and bath on other side. There is a smell in one guest room or both or in both bedrooms and bathroom or just bathroom. It seems more noticeable when it is damp or after it rains. My husband...

Urine smell in basement [ 13 Answers ]

Today I went down into our basement and smelled an intensely ammonia-like almost urine smell. I investigated a bit and found no obvious leaks, burst pipes, etc. and am stymied. We generally have a moisture issue in the basement, which we have not addressed in the 3 years we've lived here, but...

Smell in urine [ 3 Answers ]

For the past few days I have noticed a strong smell when I urinate. Can you tell me the cause, and should I be worried?

Random alcohol urine test [ 2 Answers ]

I know this question has been asked several times since I have been researching it. I am female age 23 133.4 lbs 5'6 I drank a single coors light last night at 8pm and finsished it about 9pm. I went to my probation today and had my first random urine test. I took it at 1230 in the...

View more questions Search